Chapter #17

Starring deep into the crystal ball Cornelious makes out a large cavern. A blue skinned Night-hag is kneeling in the middle of the space. Giant Larvae squirm around her. Cornelious yells out, "Wake him!"

Dashing over Dell shakes and yells at Carr.

The wizard turns to his outlined wall, focusing on what he saw, mumbling an incantation.

Recalling what it took before, Dell slaps Carr's face hard. The first strike nothing. A second hit Carr's eyes and mouth open wide gasping for air. Escaping from his body the hag's vapory form. It slips back out the window.

Checking on the wizard Avilo notices the crystal ball is clear again, "Okay men get ready. When these magic portals open, we only have a few seconds to get through."

Getting enough air Carr grabs the mace, "Thanks, think she almost got me."

A rush of wind fills the room. The marked wall glows increasingly red. Dusty swirls of wind circle the fading chalk lines. The glowing red envelopes the stonework, seeming to twist inwards.

"Hurry it's only temporary." Warns the wizard as he walks though the wall vanishing.

Captain Avilo swiftly follows with Dell at his heels. Paul and Junior glance at each other shrug, grab Carr and practically drag him through.

All feel like momentarily falling in an intense spectrum of light. Before stumbling into a large hot cavern, complete with stalagmites and stalactites.

As Paul, Junior and Carr stumble in, the dimension door closes. Plunging them into the dark, the smell of death and sulfur fill the air. Strange squishing sounds alarm them.

The wizard whips up his arm snapping fingers to create a large ball of light. The temporary light manages to illuminate most of the cavern.

Standing a few strides away the tall, lean, Night-hag. Her glowing red eyes see right into their souls.

Wanting to make sure he can get home Dell pulls Cornelious back.

Captain Avilo steps forward, the others line up beside.

Tetra speaks first. "What futile cause brings you little men to your doom?"

Pointing to Carr, Avilo commands, "You will cease your hunt for this young man's soul."

"Or taste our steel," Junior feels the need to add a threat.

The hag rests a claw tipped hand on the hip, "You think so, do you?" She thrusts out her other palm.

The mage quickly dispels her magic dart, "Your cheap spells will get you nowhere."

Weapons at the ready the men spread out.

Annoyed Tetra warns them preparing for a fight, "You're going to wish you'd stayed home. Soon the Demons and Devils will smell the goodness you wreak of."

A hideous female but still a female Carr tries charm, "Surely someone as intelligent as yourself would rather compromise, than trade lumps and cuts. Perhaps I could offer you my services instead of my soul."

Including Tetra, they all look at Carr like he's crazy.

Junior rudely comments. "What are you thinking? Are you blind?"

That comment angers the Night-hag making her eyes glow brighter and her straw-like hair seems to be moving on its own. She stares right through Junior making him nervously swallow.

Firmly Captain Avilo restates, "Once more I'll ask. Forget about this young man's soul."

"I don't think so." She squints confidently saying, "I think I'll add all your souls to my collection." Revealing the wiggling pack of advancing Larvae.