Chapter #22

"Alright," the mage displays the divided jewelry, "are you ready to find out what's here?"

Spitting food Junior utters, "Yes."

Displaying a few necklaces, the mage informs them. "We've got three amulets. One for protection, one for agility and the last one is a mind shield. It'll provide protection from spells like sleep, fear and suggestion." He pushes two rings, "There's three rings, Dell has the regeneration ring. There is also one we could have used earlier a ring of healing. And this thick ring will increase your strength." He picks up a bracelet, "This little trinket is supposed to help improve your luck." Setting it down he pokes at the remaining collection, "The rest of it is just how you see it precious stones and metals." Cornelious sits up, "The book of magic and satchel of things is a great reward for me you men should divide the rest up."

Sounding fair Avilo points out, "I have interest in only one thing" Picking up the Amulet of mind shield, "I seem to be drawn to this trinket. Maybe one day it'll keep me from clucking like a chicken. You guys can split the rest. Leave something for Paul."

"Sure." Dell considers his comrade, "Actually I can live with my ear as it is." Taking the ring of regeneration off he leans over and slides it on Paul's finger, "I think Paul may appreciate getting his eye back more."

Carr asks the group, "If it's okay with yous. I'd like the ring of healing as I'm usually far from home or healer when I get seriously injured."

No one objects so Carr takes the ring. Almost unnoticed Dell takes the ring of strength and finds a finger it fits.

Looking for the ring of strength Junior doesn't see it on the table anymore, "Hey, Carr did you take the ring of strength too?" He catches Dell displaying the new ring, "Oh you took it? Sorry Carr?"

Carr just shrugs, "A few days ago I might have."

Thinking of what's left, Junior decides to take the delicate bracelet, "I could use this."

Jesting with him, Dell remarks. "Because it will go well with your dress."

The room chuckles slightly as Junior defends, "No we'll get our pay soon. There's surely to be a game going on somewhere."

"That better not be why you're always borrowing coin." Avilo points out to them, "There's still the two amulets. Who gets those?"

Cornelious suggests. "Paul's ring may be little use to him after. He should get one other, plus his share of the jewelry. We don't know if he'll be able to carry on. Carr found and opened it he should get the second."

As they think about it, Carr says, "I had a necklace of protection. My healer says it's not going to help me. The agility enchantment could certainly help all my skills."

"How's that?" Inquires Avilo.

The mage explains, "He climbs, jumps, tumbles, moving quietly, picking locks, even fighting. It helps your muscles perform better, even quickens speed." Laughing to himself, "To me I'd feel twenty years younger."

"Oh yeah," Avilo asks the wizard, "why don't you take it for yourself."

Cornelious pats his chest, "I've got a much nicer medallion."

Wanting to go out and test himself Dell shares his opinion, "Carr and Paul can have the amulets."

"Fine with me." Junior feels his face, "I think I'm healed now." He starts unwrapping his head to see.

Taking the agility amulet Carr passes the last amulet to Dell to leave with Paul.

Now getting tired Cornelious is hoping to clear out his tower soon, "How is the jewelry to be divided?"