Chapter #18

Eye to eye, nose to nose, the hideous Hag plants a forked tongue kiss on Carr's open mouth. Her putrid breath lingers on his tongue. With a sly grin Tetra lets him know, "I'm not through with you yet." Like a rag doll she tosses Carr into the cavern wall.

Dell slices hard attempting to remove the hag's head. Glimpsing him she drops avoiding the blade and kicks out Dell's legs. As he hits the rocky ground Tetra slams the mace down. Dell's metal chest plate caves in forcing all the air out of his lungs.

With only two of the Larvae left, Captain Avilo hears the blow to Dell. Glancing over sees all four men are down, Carr seems to be the only one moving on his own, in a fighting way.

Scanning the cave Tetra sees Carr shakily standing. She rises to stop him from picking up a weapon. Running by Paul, he reaches out and grabs her ankle.

Hindered and annoyed Tetra lines up Paul's head. Raising the mace high overhead.

Picking up the bastard-sword Carr sees Paul in trouble and runs over.

With great force she brings the mace down, Paul's skull cracks as he goes unconscious.

Dispatching the last Larva Avilo hears the crack of bone echo in the cave. Figuring all will soon be dead Captain Avilo rushes in.

Hearing Carr too late, she turns to see Carr's sharp blade swing in and remove her left forearm. More out of pain Tetra clobbers Carr's chest with the mace, momentarily stunning him and dislodging the heavy sword from his grip. The detached limb's fingers twitch almost seeming to crawl away.

Avilo closes in as she beats on Carr's back.

Trying to avoid the mace Carr raises his hands to protect his head. Not fast enough, as the mace connects with the back of his skull, knocking Carr down and out.

She's wide open to an attack and Avilo takes advantage, his razor sharp long-sword cuts deep into Tetra's back. The blade glows as it severs her spine. She starts to turn towards Avilo as her legs give out.

Thinking it's over Captain Avilo steps back cleaning off his blade watching her collapse on the ground.

Still with plenty of fight Tetra bashes Avilo's leg nearly breaking it with the mace. Landing on top of Tetra, Avilo receives numerous hits.

As Tetra flails about whacking him with the mace and half an arm, Avilo grasps her right wrist. Struggling to pin the good arm, Avilo does manage to pin her other arm under his knee.

Getting the mace to the ground he nearly gets bit by her fangs. Pushing himself up and pinning the weapon arm under knee Avilo speaks roughly, "This is your last chance Hag. Let us be. Or be damned."

"Hah," Tetra cackles still struggling to escape, "You're too much of a goodie, goodie to kill a woman. Hah."

"I'm not," states Cornelious.

They both look over to see the old mage lining her up with the bastard-sword held high overhead.

Tetra spits a mouthful of crud at the mage. Giving Cornelious the strength needed to cleave her head from its' shoulders.

Dark almost black blood sprays from the wound as the body violently convulses. Avilo jumps from the body. The old wizard drops the sword to steady Avilo.

Her head rolls over, Avilo and Cornelious watch her glaring eyes and moving mouth, feeling as if being cursed by her. They were but fortunately the Night-hag can't finish the thought.

Rolling over to see the demise of the Night-hag, Dell loosens the straps of his breastplate.

After Tetra's parts stop moving the mage kneels shoving his arm into the neck wound, up to his elbow.