Chapter 8

The week flew by and excitement buzzed around the pack, in a couple of days more than 100 of us would be graduating.  I even found myself caught up in the happiness and my thoughts about Duke were barely there. The only time he would even cross my mind for a slight second is when I see Blair's growing belly, she was about 4 months now and it was showing. 

"OMG, can you believe we are soon graduating? wow I'm like just yesterday we were starting school and now it's all over" Lauri said snapping me out my thoughts. 

"It's over for some, but not for all of us," I said 

"Ya, ya, ya you decide to go to college out of state. Why didn't you take the year off to find our mate?"

I sighed thinking about her question, ever since I could remember this has been Lauri's plan, finish high school and go search for her mate. Lauri wasn't a big fan of school, so it was no surprised number spending a year listening to her talk about finding her mate would be my breaking point. So instead of joining my best friend, I was heading out of state as far as I could get from this place and truth be it told I don't plan on coming back. 

"It's just time for us to do our own thing, we'll always be best friends though, " I said while giving her a hug.

"Lesbian's" I heard somebody pass us by and say loud enough for Lauri to start blushing and for me to be annoyed.  Who else other than Blair would say something that petty I thought as I notice her scent in the room?

"Don't pay her no mind Melody, she's pregnant and her mate missing " I visibly flinched and took a step back after hearing Lauri call Blair, Duke's mate. Will, anybody ever knows? I asked myself 

(I don't think so, it's like we never existed )my wolf whispered sadly before disappearing in the back of mind.

"Mel are you okay? " I heard Lauri asking snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ya," I said with a forced smile, Lauri looks at me and I can tell she's concerned. I doubt she believes my lie, especially after she asked "are you sure? I'm here for you, you can tell me anything.  We're best friend "

I couldn't say anything so instead, I forced a larger smile on my face and just nodded my head. 

I didn't stay long with Lauri after that and left her shortly after that.

The rest of the days went by in one big blur, even graduation it was just one big blur. I could remember bits, by bits because I didn't really care. I was never big on stuff like that, that was Lauri and Ariel's thing. 

But nonetheless, I had graduated and I was happy, I didn't make class valedictorian and that's OK I wasn't aiming for it. 

Mom, dad, and Ariel, of course, had a blast, pictures were taken and congratulations were passed out like std's and even though I was ready for the day to end so I can sleep, I was still having a great time. Great time until Blair and the Alpha made a speech "Congratulations everyone, I wish my son was here to see this. As your future Alpha, he would have been proud of each and every one of you guys.

Those who are leaving our pack for college elsewhere or to travel, I know will continue to make this pack proud and know that we will wait for your return with open arms. I'm going to give the stage to your future Alpha female Blair" said Alpha with a mixture of sadness and pride in his voice.

"My mate Duke may not be here right now, but we will find him soon and then we will celebrate again. So congratulations again to everyone and as your Alpha female, I look forward to leading you in the future" Blair said all while rubbing her stomach and of course the crowd cheered and thank god I was in the back because I couldn't bring myself to cheer or clap. 

(I can not wait to leave) my wolf whispered and I couldn't agree more I thought before I turned around and walked home, never once noticing the pack doctor who had lied and said I had food poising watching me the entire time.  

UNKNOWN POV

She's finally asleep, we'll wait a couple more minutes and take her. 

(She's even more beautiful in her sleep) my wolf said, and I couldn't deny it. 

Staring at her sleeping form and all I wanted to was lay beside her and wrap my arms around her and kiss her pain away. (He'll pay for hurting her) my wolf growled, yes but we have to be patient I said calming him down.

I placed the note on her desk and went to the closet to grab a couple of clothes for her, this scent cover-up is the best thing ever I thought. I've been sneaking in and out of the pack for the past 2 weeks and nobody had yet to pick up on it, imagine if this spray got in the wrong hands I thought. 

After grabbing all the things I knew she would need and taking them to the car I had hidden behind her house, I went back to get Melody. She was dress in shorts in a simple tank top, I've never seen her like this and it made a new wave of emotions sweep me. Soon we'll have her in every way possible I thought to myself, while I traced my fingers up and down her thighs never going past her shorts, I would never disrespect her like that. 

I was so caught in my thoughts I didn't notice her stirring or starting to wake up until her angelic voice said: "who's there?" (Don't let her scream) my wolf yelled in my head and so I grabbed the cloth I had and covered her nose with it, this will keep her sleeping I told my wolf and proceed to take her in my arms. "It's going to be ok sweetheart, I got you now and I'm never letting you go," I said before placing a kiss on her cheek and jumping out her window. 

I placed her in the back seat, and made sure she was comfortable. A pillow under her head and a blanket to keep her warm before I pulled out the house and drove off never looking back.

< RAW COPY, SO NO EDITING YET>

But who do you think it is that kidnapped our Melody

Toodles, don't forget to share, like and comment! ^_^