Chapter 12

Melody's POV

The fact that it came out of his mouth again left me stunned, I'm so confused and as of right now nothing is making sense. I don't even know how I'm supposed to react, Duke is just staring at me, watching me carefully with those guilt-filled eyes. Probably giving me time to process everything, or waiting for me to react first after all he just told me he kidnapped me.

"Why, I don't understand this?" I whispered

"You rejected me, why would you kidnap me? What kind of sick game are you playing Duke ?" I asked staring straight into his guilt-filled eyes.

I wasn't going to back away and cry, this entire mess was his fault.

"It's not a game, I'm not that kind of person; you know that Mel."

"I stopped knowing you, the moment you reject me. So I have every right to assume this is some sick game you're playing" I answered watching his eyes go from guilt to now sadness.

He swallowed and closed his eyes before opening them again, shaking his head up and down, " I deserve that, but let's get out this room and I'll tell you everything in the kitchen over some food".

Not giving him any type of answer other than my eyes blinking, I heard him sighed before following him out the room and into the kitchen. The cabin itself was pretty simple, with no pictures on the wall and just about everything made of wood.

As soon as we got to the kitchen I noticed he had breakfast cooked, bacon, scrambled eggs and toasted English muffins with some strawberry jam on the side and 2 cups of coffee.

"You can cook" I whispered.

"Ya it's one of my many talents," he said with a smile, the first real smile I've seen on his face since he rejected me.

Right away I dug into my plate, not realizing I was this hungry until I saw the food. "Ok, talk," I said to Duke after biting into my English muffin.

Taking a deep breath and putting down his fork  " I should of known you would want to get straight to the point."

All I could do was nod my head, while I took another bite and wait for him to continue because if what he had to say wasn't worth it, I was going to leave after breakfast.

"Ok, let see um I guess it's best to start at the beginning. Before I left the pack for training at the academy, Blair wanted to be my mate and luna of the pack. I kept denying anything to do with her, but she just kept telling everybody that I was hers. So one day before I left I just told her off and I promised her on everything that she would never be my mate or luna of this pack. She went crazy and actually tried to mark me, but I pushed her off and I just left her on the floor."

"Yet you rejected me and told everyone she was your mate," I said harshly, jealousy seeping through my veins.

"I'll get to that soon and trust me I never wanted to claim her as my mate. So where was I; oh ya I left for the academy, and when I came back I found Blair practically living in my house with my dad. He told me it was nothing, she was having some trouble and it's his job as Alpha to look out for her. But then in the mornings when he was still asleep, Blair would walk past me and I could smell my father on her. She would say stuff like, do you smell that Duke, it could be you."

Wow I thought, I can't believe what I'm hearing, the Alpha was sleeping with Blair.

"But I didn't really care at first because I had you and I was waiting until you were done with school to tell my dad. Then one day dad called me in his office and he told me that Blair is pregnant with his baby. "

"No way, what the hell" I screamed interrupting Dean's story.

"Ya the baby is my little sister or brother," he said shaking his head in disgust and I could understand why because he just told the entire pack that was his baby.

"It gets worse because my dad said I had to claim the baby as my own and take Blair as my mate. I refused and told him I already found my mate and he got mad. Gave an alpha command to reject whoever my mate was and to claim Blair as my mate. The worst part is after he forced all that on me, before walking in his office Blair said I told you I was gonna be this pack's luna and then followed my dad."

He spat the last part as if it was acid in his mouth, and I just sat there mouth opened, wide eyes in complete disbelief.

"That bastard forced me to reject you, I would have never rejected my mate"

Things were starting to make sense now, at least the part about him rejecting me.

"But what about kidnapping me, and you going missing. How did that happen?" I asked him.

"Well after trying to get that bastard to change his mind, he threatened he would force me to tell him who my mate was and have her killed" he growled after saying the word killed.

Duke still had his wolf, so what happened to mines I thought. But before I could ask him about that he continued telling me what happened.

"So I decided it was best to play the part, for now, go with his plans and then when I had a chance left. I figured as long as he didn't know who you were, that you would be safe. I also knew that after claiming Blair in public like that, it would stop you from reaching out and telling anyone that I was your mate."

"But I was always planning on coming back for you, I just had to wait until the time was right. Until I perfected this scent masking formula I was working on, I used it the other night when I came for you. So no one would know it was me, left a note so your parents would think that you ran away with your rogue mate."

"Rogue mate?" I said questionably

"Well technically I'm a rogue now, so yup your rogue mate" he answered joking and for the first today I laughed. 

*** Like and Follow.. Thank you 

I've been calling Duke, Dean lol I'm sorry writing another book for another site and the main male character name is Dean. I don't what it is about me with these name Duke and Dean but ya.. So if you come across anywhere that has Dean instead of Duke, let me know so I can edit it. Thanks a bunches.