Chapter 32

"We've been looking for you everywhere, I was starting to lose hope," Lauri said in between tears.

Unable to stop crying to get the words out, I just nodded and held on to her. Lauri being here meant so much and left me with so many emotions.

"Mom, my mother, and Ariel, where are they?" I asked after I couldn't shed another tear, more than anything I wanted a hug from my mother. I could also hear Dani gasping probably at the thought of seeing her old friend after so long.

"I'm sorry Mel, your family is safe with the pack. It was just me and the twins," Lauri told me.

"Hey babe, we need to pay for this stuff and leave. We can't stay in this store" Duke interrupted.

"OMG, Duke! I'm sorry I just noticed you. Thank you so much for finding Melody" Lauri said.

"Lauri, I have so much to tell you. Where are you guys parked?" I asked.

"You're not leaving my side," Duke said.

With everything going on I could understand why he was being extra protective and although I trust Lauri I couldn't put us at risk like that.

"Let's just pay for the stuff and we can talk outside" Dani added.

"Who is that?" Lauri asked looking at Dani.

"Don't worry about that, she's with us" Duke said.

Lauri looked at me confused probably waiting for me to explain but I couldn't.

I couldn't tell her this was Duke's mother, how could I explain that to her and it wasn't my place to tell her. So, I just smiled, a confident smile to let her know everything was ok which visibly calmed her down because she smiled back.

Duke quickly paid for the snacks and I was so caught up in Lauri finding us that I didn't even think to grab anything else.  I guess I would be surviving the rest of this trip on jerky and protein milk.

"You said the twins are here. Where are they?" I asked Lauri.

"Oliver is here right now, Parker left last night".

"How did you find us, Lauri?" Duke asked interrupting.

"Honestly it was by luck, we've been searching for weeks for you Mel. The whole pack has been looking for you Duke, so the alpha didn't have enough people to look for you. So I left with the twins on a mate search just to search got you on our own," Lauri said.

"So, the alpha doesn't know you're here," I asked confused.

"Not really, he knows I left with the twins but like everyone else he thinks it's for a mate search not because we're looking for you." She said.

"Only your parent's and sister know, I've been keeping them updated" she added.

"What! Did you already tell them you found us?" Duke asked in a panic.

"No, no, what's going on Mel? Why are you guys acting like this?" Lauri asked.

"We have to tell her the truth," I said to Duke.

"No, the fewer people who know the better" he answered harshly.

"I trust Lauri," I said.

"I don't know her and I can't risk it, Mel, I just can't," Duke said looking kindly at Dani who was snacking on a jerky.

"Look, I don't have to know exactly what's going on but I don't want to do the wrong thing. I understand why you can't tell me some stuff but I just need to know what I can do to keep Mel safe. I'm not letting another rogue kidnap my best friend," Lauri said.

"You were kidnapped by a rogue?" Dani asked.

"Not really," I said.

"What do you mean? There was no trace, no scent, nothing. The same rogue's who took Duke also kidnapped Mel. I just don't get why though, they left Blair and took you" Lauri said.

After that nobody said nothing, everybody just stood still outside this gas station just staring at each other. A heavy type of silence hung in the air, somebody had to say something but say what. I didn't want to keep lying to Lauri and there's stuff we haven't told Dani, so many strings of lies.

"Hey, there you are. I got you a double cheeseburger," Oliver said coming around the corner and breaking the silence.

It takes him 5 seconds to notice me and rush towards me. He hugs me and picks me up, spinning me in circles before Duke grabs me out his arms and growled.

"Mine".

"You're Melody's mate," Lauri said staring me right in the eyes.

SUPER IMPORTANT MESSAGE BELOW PLEASE READ IT

*******REDOING THIS WHOLE ENTIRE PAGE BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE AND WROTE A SCENARIO THAT ALREADY HAPPENED.

KEEPING IT UP UNTIL I CREATE THE NEW PART AND THEN I WILL DELETE THIS PART.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POINTED IT OUT TO ME. I APPRECIATE IT AND WILL GET BACK TO UPDATING ON A REGULAR BASE.