Chapter 13

Duke POV

Melody was taking all of this better than I thought she would, and for that I'm grateful. Rejecting her was the worst thing ever, but I did what I had to in order to protect her and after telling her everything I was hoping she would understand. Maybe even forgive me, my actions did keep her safe in the pack with my dad, that bastard.

I watched her finish the rest of her breakfast quietly, probably thinking over everything I told her. I sighed thinking about how much I missed kissing her and just being with her since I left the pack.

The small sound I made, caused her to look up at me, her big beautiful green eyes stared at me and a light blush filled her face.

What was she thinking about, I wonder.

"Hey Duke, is there a shower somewhere in this cabin?" Melody asked me.

"Oh ya, my bad I brought some of your stuff but feel free to use any of my stuff in the bathroom. Just go down this hall it's the only door on the right." I told her and watched her tilt her head in confusion.

"So there's only one bedroom and bathroom in this cabin?" she asked

and I just nodded understanding now why she was confused.

"So where did you sleep last night?" she asked quietly

"Outside the cabin in wolf form"

"Wait, that reminds me what happened to my wolf? Ever since I woke up, I haven't been able to communicate or even feel her" she asked and that was another conversation I was looking forward to having right away.

"Take a shower first and we'll talk later Mel" she nodded and walked towards the bathroom.

Mate forgive us right my wolf asked

I don't know 

Can we mark her now he asked

Not yet, but soon, very soon. (

Good because I'm not losing her again  he said and  I nodded in agreement.

I wasn't planning on ever losing Melody again, she was the perfect mate for me and I loved her. Although I didn't get a chance to tell her thanks to Blair and that bastard, I thought bitterly.

While Melody took a shower I decided to clean up and think of how I was going to tell her what happened to her wolf.

Lost in my mind not really thinking of much, Melody walked out the bathroom in my towel and I couldn't help but stare at my beautiful mate. A towel wrapped around her head and another around her body, underneath that towel was her naked body. That thought alone caused blood to rush to my lower area and my eyes turned black, the beast wanted his mate right now and I didn't blame him.

But I'm not sure if Melody didn't notice or just refused to acknowledge it but without saying nothing to me she just rushed to the room and I headed to the bathroom for a cold shower. 

**** Vote and Follow (Pretty please and thank you)

** This chapter is short, under 500 words cuz I'm not really good with male POV. This is the first time writing from a male's perspective and well I didn't want to overdo it.