Chapter 24

Dedicated to @princessnikkibee, for always reading, voting and helping with the special request I sometimes put at the end.

Ariel POV

After I told mom about everything I heard from Alpha Brad and Blair's conversation. She kept shaking her head and walking around the room, I knew she wanted to say more but didn't want to scare me.

"I can't believe it, that little snake," she whispered harshly.

Finally, after a couple of a deep breath, she sat down next to me and gave me a hug. "I am so happy you're safe, I don't know what I would have done if they caught you and something happened to you."

Not knowing what to say I just nodded and hugged her a bit tighter.

After what seemed like one of the longest hugs ever between us, she pulled back and started talking.

"Danielle was a nice girl, but she was a regular member of the pack like me she had no status. That all changed when she found out she was Brad's mate and would be Luna. Everyone was happy about it, well everyone except for the rank members of the pack. Brad's parent and the beta thought that Danielle wasn't good enough. They had plans for him to mate with a neighbor Alpha's daughter, but that changed when he found Danielle." She paused and I couldn't help but notice the change in my mother. No longer was she the tired, depress she-wolf who lost her daughter, she now looked like a woman on a mission.

"Where was I? Oh ya, I remember the day clearly and now that I think about it. If it wasn't for the fact that event was public they probably would have forced him to reject her. It was at a pack party and Danielle bumped into Brad. One of the males that were dancing with her, came to apologize and grabbed her hands. Brad's got mad and before attacking the poor kid said: "she's mine". I was so happy for her but shortly after that she stopped coming around. I was pissed and when I finally had a chance to see her, she told me it was because Brad felt like I wasn't good enough to be friends with a Luna."

"We didn't speak for over a year and then your father came to the pack to be the new beta since the old ones never had kids. Finally, I was good enough to be friends with Danielle, but it wasn't until after she had Duke she gave me the alpha command that allowed for me to even be able to talk about this. I didn't understand why but she said she didn't trust Brad and gave me an Alpha command that allowed for me to ignore his command. Then the pack was attacked and she got hurt really bad, she broke her spine. She couldn't shift anymore and for the first ever we had a luna in a wheelchair. " She paused again and this time it was to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"She was still perfect to us but Brad couldn't stand it, and one day she called me and asked me to come pick her up. Take her to town for something important, she had to leave now and I wanted to show up. I tried but I was pregnant with your sister and all it took was walking downstairs to get my keys to cause me to go into labor. I was so excited that I forgot about Danielle's strange request and fail to mention it to your dad or anyone. Until this day there's nothing I regret more than not showing up that day to help her. 5 days later Brad gave the command to never speak of Danielle again to the pack. Told us she was embarrassed about not being able to walk and would no longer interact with the pack. After that nobody ever saw Danielle, she didn't show up at any events and we couldn't ask about her. I should have done something to help her that day, I could have told your father and asked him to help her but I did nothing."

"It wasn't your fault mom, you were having a baby. You would have been there for her if you could, it's not your fault." I said giving her another hug. After hearing this story I felt bad for mom, to be put in a position like that and for years she felt guilt about it.

"I just wish I did more to find her or something, I couldn't go asking about her because then Brad would know about her alpha command on me. But she gave me that command for a reason and I should have used it to do something to save her."

I didn't know what to say or how to comfort her, all I could do was give her a hug.

"Brad is going to pay for all of this one day soon" she whispered.

Melody POV

I can't believe I'm a full mated she-wolf now and the soon to be luna of a pack. We were born to lead, my wolf said, easy for you to say I responded.

Born to lead, I found that hard to believe. The moon makes no mistake, my wolf added.

"Good morning mate," Duke said and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Hey," I smiled at him.

"We're fully mated now, you're my equal and the true Luna of my pack. I couldn't have asked for a perfect Luna," he said with pride before kissing me again.

"I can't wait for my mom to meet you, she's going to love you."

Mom, Duke never mentioned his mom before and now that I think about it. I've never seen her or heard anything about her, not even my mother ever mentions our current luna. I mean how can Alpha sleep with Blair if his mate is still alive, I thought. You should ask mate, my wolf said.

My wolf was right, this would be the perfect time to ask Duke about his mother. "I can't wait to meet her also but how is that possible? This is the first time I'm hearing about her," I said carefully, not wanting to offend her.

"Forcing me to reject you wasn't the first time, my dad forced an alpha command on me. I was about 9 and nobody would talk about my mother, everyone acted like she never exists. So, I went snooping in my dad's office and found out where she was. I snuck out and went to the address and found my mother in some kind of special home that humans who work for my dad ran. I confronted my dad that day and instead of explaining to me why my mother was there, he forced me to never speak on it or to visit her again."

"What is wrong with Alpha? Why would he do something like that?" I asked.

"Probably because she's in a wheelchair, that bastard cares too much about how others see him. Having a mate who is disabled probably didn't help his powerful alpha image. I've never hated someone more than I hate him." Duke said harshly and I could understand why he felt the way he did. At this moment, his father had no positive traits left for me to justify his behavior, the man was sick,

"That's why I started working on the scent masking formula, I wanted to give my mom a fresh start. A way for her to move on with her life and to keep him from being able to track her."

Now it made sense why Duke created something like that, he did it for his mom.

"Where is the special home located?" I asked

"The town nearest to the pack, why."

"Because we're going to get break your mom out," I said.

"I don't have any more scent masking formula if I take her the humans will notify him asap."

"We don't need the scent masking stuff, we're mated now and alpha commands work on humans also," I said with a smile.

NOTE:

Happy Holidays, Stay Safe and enjoy your traditions. Will post another chapter before 2017!!