Chapter 30

Ariel POV

I don't get Parker, coming all the way over here just to hug me. Maybe he could tell I was really scared about everything going on here in the pack, I had so many questions. I couldn't trust that mom wouldn't go off the grid again and try to attack the Alpha. I don't know what Blair is doing but after what I saw I know it's nothing good. It's like everything is falling apart, maybe do need that hug after all I thought. 

It was finally time to meet Parker and as much as I hated sneaking out the house, I had no choice. I couldn't tell my parents that I was meeting with Parker, I went downstairs quietly and I was able to open the front door and walk out without waking up anyone. Which is weird I thought, dad should of at least sensed something and came down. He's probably out working late with Alpha Brad, ugh I hated that man now.

I climb in the treehouse and wrapped myself up in one of Melody's old blanket that was left up there. We use to spend a lot of time growing up in this treehouse, talking about finding out mate, going to college, and fighting space aliens. Something is telling me that she's alive, it might be our sisterly bond but before Parker, it was the only thing that helped me sleep at night. 

A couple of minutes later I heard somebody climbing up and looked out to see it was Parker.

The sight of him climbing up to me made me smile, he really came.

"Princess why didn't you let down your hair so I can climb on it?" he asked jokingly as soon as he got in.

"I'm a bit concerned now, I think you read more fairy tales than me," I laughed and hugged him. He wasn't expecting it because his body tensed and he took a sharp breath, for someone who claimed he came to give me a hug he was tensed.

"Are you ok?" I asked pulling away, only for him to pull me back and hug me tight. It was nice and made me feel safe, he smelled like oranges and wood.

"Thanks for the hug, I'm glad you came," I said honestly. 

"Anytime, anywhere I'll show up," he said before releasing me from the hug. I missed the warmth and his orange woodsy smell as soon as he did but I shouldn't act clingy, Parker did mention he found his mate and plus I'm only 16.

"Now, I need you to tell me everything that's going on. I don't know if I can help but I'll do m best. If all else fails at least you got a chance to talk about it instead of holding it inside."

"I don't know Parker, it's just so much and I don't want to get you involved. I mean you're already doing more than enough by looking for Melody, I don't want to drag you into any more of my family drama," I said.

"Your drama is my drama, I don't care and it's not an issue. I'm begging you to tell me, I won't judge, I just want to be somebody you can trust and count on," he said.

His words were honest even his actions, coming all the way over here to comfort me was honest. When did Parker become someone I could trust and count on to be there for me, trama have a funny way of connecting people I thought.

"Ok," I said and told him everything.  From what I saw with Blair, what my mother told me and what our Alpha is doing. After I finished, Parker pulled me into another hug "hugging you right now is the only thing stopping me from shoving my fist up your Alpha's ass".

"No, you can't do anything Parker, please I told you all of this because I trust you. We don't know fully everything and with Melody and Duke missing it's hard to start anything with the Alpha" I begged him.

"Sorry, I promise I won't do anything unless I absolutely have too. If you end up in danger because of this Alpha I would never forgive myself."

"Thank you," I said and kissed him on the cheek. It was a spur of the moment thing and I can't believe I did that.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that," I said embarrassed now.

"You don't have to be embarrassed around me Princess," he said with one of the brightest smiles I've seen.

Did a little kiss on the cheeks really make him that happy?

I giggled, so much for being the asshole, he was when we first met.

Melody POV

Nobody was saying anything, I'm not even sure of what our plan is. I feel like everything is coming together and falling apart at the same time. Something bad was going to happen and I could feel it. It hung in the air above my head like a dark cloud, it clung to me and more than anything I wanted to run back to that cabin. To when it was just me and Duke before all this and this drive back.

It wasn't just my parent's I would have to face, it was the pack, the Alpha, and Blair.  I'm also scared of how this is going to play out for Duke and his mother, I had so many questions for her.

****** NOTE: SORRY, SORRY SORRY TIMES A MILLION FOR DISAPPEARING. But I'm back and will finish this story no later than June 2019. I'm going to update twice a week Saturday and Wednesday because I'm also working on Oliver's and Parker's Story. It' s actually going to be posted on a different site, it's a free site and I really like them. The don't have ads and they are a new website so it's the perfect place to really build a fan base and get big as one of their first couple of writers.

So I'll post the link where you can check out My Brother's Keeper, that's going to get updated every Tuesday and Friday.