Chapter 21

Ariel POV

I spoke to Lauri almost every day and still there were no signs of my sister but I know she's alive. Mom has lost weight stressing about what happened and dad has been doing his best to keep her happy, but to get her to crack a smile is a struggle nowadays.

"I wonder what Parker is doing right now?" I said out loud, shocked that I was even thinking about him. But days like today when mom was feeling extra stressed and dad was trying to keep her busy, I found myself thinking about Parker. There was no denying his look, some people might have a hard time telling him and Oliver apart but from the moment I met him, I could tell them apart.

He got on my nerves and he's always rude to everyone, sometimes it felt like he went out of his way to be mean and rude to me.

"Are you sure he marked her?" I heard Blair yelling.

I quickly hid behind a tree, I didn't mean to walk too far, thinking about Parker and I didn't notice I was at the Alpha's house.

"My wolf felt it, Duke marked his mate and now I need you to leave," Alpha told her.

"Leave, what do you mean leave? This is my home! I'm this packs Luna, you promised me," Blair screamed at him.

I heard a smack and Blair screamed, I jumped from out my hiding place not caring if I got caught. I had to help her, she's pregnant and the alpha just hit her.

But before I could take a step forward I heard alpha, "this is all your fault, if you wasn't such a slut none of this would have happened. Now the pack doesn't know that baby you're carrying is mine and we're going to keep it that way. By tomorrow night I want you gone, and as for the baby I'll deposit some money in your account to help you. But don't ever tell her who her father is, that's an alpha command and I don't ever want to see her."

Still stuck in my spot, out in the open I couldn't believe what I just heard. "But you promised me the Luna position" I heard Blair sobbing.

"I have a mate, so you were never going to be my Luna and I tried with Duke. I don't know why you're so obsessed with being Duke's mate, you could have had it all just making yourself available to me but you wanted my son and the luna position."

"He found his mate that day at the bbq when you went out looking for him, and the only reason I forced him to reject her was because you were pregnant and wanted to keep it."

Blair continued to sob and hearing enough of their conversation, I carefully step back to my spot behind the tree. I wanted to run home and tell Lauri everything I heard but I knew if the alpha caught me it wouldn't be a good thing.

I couldn't believe the conversation I just heard, Blair is actually pregnant with the alpha's baby. Duke is not her mate and the alpha has a mate that he's been cheating on with Blair. But I wonder how is that possible, I've never heard or seen his mate and nobody in the pack talks about her. I thought she was dead and we weren't allowed to talk to her, I wonder what happened to her.

"Melody" I whispered when what felt like the light bulb above my head flicked on. It all made sense now, Duke coming home and Melody floating on cloud nine after his welcoming home bbq. She never mentioned him but when his name was brought up in conversations, a smiled always played on her face. I thought it was because like all the other females she had a crush on him, but what if Duke's her mate.

I remember her fainting right after hearing that Duke was going to mate with Blair, the doctor said it was food poisoning but nobody else in the family got sick, it could have been the effect of being rejected.

Shortly after that she went through that dark and depressed stage, it was like one minute she was great and the following day she started acting like a she-wolf with a broken heart.

The note about running away, Duke mate being a member of the pack, it all made sense now. My sister is Duke's mate and she ran off to be with him, I have to call Lauri and tell her to stop searching and get my parents to also stop.

Whatever is going on between Blair and the alpha sound very bad for my sister. After what seemed like an hour passed and I didn't hear anything from the inside of the alpha's house, I left my spot behind the tree and ran home.

As soon as I walked in the door, my mother came down the stairs with my cell phone in her hands.

"Are you ok Ariel?"

I couldn't tell her yet, not yet I had to think this through, telling her right now would cause her to do something stupid.

"it's nothing mom, just tired from running. Getting my exercise in, but nothing's wrong."

My answer satisfied her because she just nods and kissed me on my forehead before walking into the kitchen. I rushed to climb up the stairs and before I made it to my room, I heard my mom yell "one of your little friends been calling you a lot."

"Ok, thanks, mom" I yelled back finally understanding why she had my phone earlier.

I opened and noticed 5 missed calls from an unknown number, maybe it's Melody I thought before dialing the number.

"You finally got time for huh, what were doing Ariel? kissing a boy?" a drunk Parker asked me.

"Why aren't you talking? I called you because I wanted to hear your voice, so talk to me, please" he whispered the last part.

"Parker, why are you calling me drunk? Is everything ok?" I asked him, very confused by him calling me especially when he was drunk.

"No, nothing is ok. I hate you so much Ariel, I hate everything about you except for your name it's the prettiest name ever. And your eyes they are so beautiful, I want to spend every minute staring at them and your lips. I love your lips, they are so perfect and did I mention your voice. You're so smart and strong, and just so perfect," he said making my heart feel like it's been stabbed when he said he hated me but making it beat faster when he started complimenting me.

"Parker, I know you're drunk and don't mean what your saying so I'm not gonna get mad," I told him and although the reasonable side of me was saying hang up, I just couldn't.

"I mean it, every word of it. I should just reject you right now because as soon as you find out the truth that's what you'll do."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Just, just tell me about yourself. Can you please just talk to me until I fall asleep. I just want to hear your voice, that's all." He asked me, avoiding my question and although I thought it was stupid, I found myself talking on the phone for another hour or two.

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before him because the last thing I heard was Parker saying "good night mate".

*** As always there is plenty of mistakes and grammatical errors so don't judge me. As to why it's been so long- well I was some financial issue that left me without internet for like 2 weeks and no car so I couldn't go no where to use the internet. After that, I just lost my nemo (lol ) and didn't know how to get back in the emperor's new groove (been watching a lot of movies though lol).

Then just when I thought I was ready to get back in the business, I had to deal with hurricane preparation and let's not forget I go to school and bunch of other blah, blah, blah, blah.

But I'm back now and I will finish this book just like the soldier's in 300, they all died but at least they finished and that's what we're going to focus on.

I only have about 5 more chapter's left, so yay and also I'm thinking of starting a facebook group for people who like to read my stuff and who just like to read in general. Let me know it you'll join. It's FREE and we got pizza with computer flavor black olives (yum).