Chapter 22

Parker POV

I woke up with a smile on my face and I knew it was because of Ariel. I can only remember bits of what happened last night and although calling her drunk was a bad idea. It turned out to be ok after all, I finally got to talk to my mate. Since I found out Ariel was my mate, we haven't spoken on the phone instead when she calls she only talks with either my brother or Lauri.

It was starting to piss my wolf off that she wouldn't talk to us and I don't even know how I went from watching a movie with my brother too drunk calling Ariel.

"Look who's up, how was your rest sleeping beauty?" Oliver asked while sipping on his coffee.

"What happened last night? How did I get drunk?"

"So you don't remember what happened huh?"

"If I did I wouldn't be asking you, so what's up. Are you going to tell me or naw?" I asked grabbing my cup and filling it with coffee.

"Well let see, first the movie was pissing you off so we went out for a drink. You got drunk and your wolf came out and tried to tear out my throat. After we got you to shift back, you started yelling stupid shit about how I'm trying to steal your mate. Then you took my phone and dipped off, you didn't show up till later, on the phone with someone still drunk ass fuck."

At this point Oliver was right in front of me, facing me and most of what he as saying was coming back to me. The fact that I shift and my wolf tried to kill my brother, the argument that followed afterward and so much more.

"So now that you're sober, I want the fucking truth. You attacked me last night and I don't want to hear any bull shit!" Oliver wolf was close and I can tell he wanted to shift. As much as it was bothering my wolf having him this close and feeling as if he would attack. I knew I couldn't attack Oliver, everything he was saying sounds like the truth. I might not remember everything that happened word by word but I felt it was the truth.

"I found my mate," I said.

"I know that tell me her name" he sneered at me.

No there's no way I was going to tell him my mate is Ariel, no way.

"Her name Parker. Tell me her name!" he yelled before taking a step back and punching the wall.

At that point, my good mood was gone and my wolf wanted to tell Oliver just who Ariel belong to and I was more than happy to tell him.

"Ariel, my mate is fucking Ariel. Happy now! Ariel is my fucking mate, so you can stop wishing she was your mate."

"Fuck you, Parker," Oliver said before punching me.

That son of a b, "what's going on here, Oliver what happened?" Lauri yelled.

I don't know when she walked in or how much she heard. She ran to Oliver "Oliver what's going on? Why are you and Parker fighting?"

Oliver glances quickly at me and I plead with my eyes not to tell Lauri that Ariel is my mate.

"I'll be back later, I gotta get some fresh air," Oliver said before walking past Lauri and out the room.

"Parker, what's going on?" Lauri asked me on the verge of tears.

"I found my mate before we came on this trip and I didn't tell Oliver," I said hoping she wouldn't guess who I was talking about.

"Wow, congrats. I'm happy for you" she said before giving me a hug

"Who is she? Why didn't you tell us? I'm so confused because most males wouldn't be able to leave their mate after finding each other."

"It's complicated and right now it's not something I want to talk about," I told her, hoping she'll drop the subject.

"Ok, I understand, but please fix things with Oliver. He's your twin and I can't stand to see my favorite cousins fight."

I nodded and smiled at her, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to fix things with Oliver.

"Well, I'm going to call Ariel and make sure she's ok"

"Did something happen to her?" I asked in a rushed of panic.

"I don't think so, but she normally calls me at night because she has a hard time sleeping since Melody disappeared. But last night she didn't call me and I just want to make sure she's ok."

I smiled at that because it was because of me she didn't call Lauri last night. I walked in my room with a smile on my face, even though things with my brother was crazy right now. The fact that I helped my mate fall asleep last night instead of somebody else gave me a sense of pride.

Maybe having a mate like Ariel wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

Note:

Next Chapter will be released on Wednesday or Tuesday depending on a lot of factors. But next couple of chapter's we're going to try and figure out what happened to Duke's mother. The mate that Alpha mentioned and Melody & Duke will have a short part.