Chapter 17

Melody POV

I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and happy about the way things turned out last night. After our dinner date with that annoying Anna girl who was having a hard time picking up the hint that Duke wasn't interested.

When we got back to the cabin and got ready for bed, I remembered that the cabin only had one bedroom and I didn't want Duke sleeping outside again.

"Good morning," he said waking up and hugging my back quickly.

There were still a lot of questions he had to answer.

Last night I was willing to put that aside, but today he would finish telling me everything else.

"Morning," I said back, "go ahead and hop in the shower, I'll start breakfast today".

"I like the sound of that," he said giving me a kiss on the cheek before leaving for the bathroom.

I got up and start working on making the buttermilk pancakes and the sausages, by the time the pancakes and sausages were done, Duke was out the shower and dressed.

"You can go in and take a shower, I'll finish up the rest and clean up," he said.

By the time I was done with my shower and dressed, Duke had 2 plate set and 2 glasses of orange juice.

"Looks good."

"You did most of the work, all I did was make some scrambled eggs and set the plates," he said with a smile.

"So let's pick up where we last left off at yesterday, I want to know what happened to my wolf," I asked him

"You love having this kind of talks during breakfast huh," he said humourlessly.

"Yup what better time, then breakfast to talk about the serious stuff".

"I'll be sure to remember to discuss all the serious pack stuff at breakfast with you in the future".

I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him and continued eating my breakfast while waiting for him to tell me what happened to my wolf.

"Ok, so remember how I told you I created the scent masking and I used it on you".

I nodded my head, yes, that's how he was able to get me out the pack without anyone finding out until morning.

"Well, it comes with a little side effect".

"What kind of side effect, Duke?" I asked

"The first couple of times it causes your wolf to kind of fall into a coma or some sort, but it only last about 36 hours, so by the end of today you should have your wolf back".

"Wow, are you sure this isn't permanent? I mean who else have you tested this out on Duke? What if my wolf never wakes up from this coma?" I threw questions at him back to back not even giving him a time to answer.

"It's not permanent, I've used it on me and I still have my wolf. I wouldn't give it to you if I thought it would harm you in any way."

"Good, I just can't afford to lose her also" I whispered the last part.

After that we continue to eat in silence, just enjoying the delicious pancakes on our plate and quietness of the place.

After breakfast, we started doing the dishes in the same comfortable silence but I couldn't help but wonder if Duke was ever going to confront his dad.

Would his dad stop searching for him?

Would we have to spend the rest of our lives as rogues?

Duke is an Alpha wolf, how long can he go before his wolf start craving for a pack?

"Will, I ever see my family again?" I asked since the questions wouldn't stop popping in my head, I had to know if he had a plan.

"huh" he answered.

"I didn't hear you".

"Will I ever see my family again? Are we going to be rogues for the rest of our lives?" I asked, this time, adding another question to it.

"I plan on taking the pack back, you will see your family again, I promised and we won't be rogues for long. Right now I have to train to take him down, normally this wouldn't be the case but I have no choice."

"What are you planning on doing?" I asked

"Either get him to submit or kill him," he said causing me to gasp and drop a plate luckily inside the sink so it didn't break.

"Are you serious? " I asked him, unsure if I clearly heard him mention killing his own father.

"He might leave me with no choice" he paused before looking me in the eyes and continuing "I don't want to kill him, that's my dad but ever since I got back I don't recognize him. I'm not sure if it's Blair causing him to act like this, but I do know that he's not the same person I left behind."

"Do you really think Blair could have had something to do with how he's acting now?" I asked

"I'm not sure but while she's pregnant no one can hurt her, I wouldn't want anything to happen to my little sister or brother."

"Blair is due soon, I think she has about 3 months. You should try talking to your dad then, he might be in a better state of mind"

"You want to keep living as a rogue for another 3 months? Are you sure about this?" he asked me, his voice laced in concern.

"Ya, it won't be so bad, it's summer break anyway so might as well enjoy it. Plus it'll give you extra time to train and us to spend together, can't complain about that" I said with a smile on my face.

It would be nice to spend the next 3 months with Duke, getting to know each again before we have to return to the pack and clean up the drama that his father created.

"Sound like a perfect plan to me," Duke said before placing a small kiss on my cheeks.

He's been doing that a lot lately, I noticed and I like it.

**Like and follow.