Chapter 15

Chapter rated Adult content

Blair POV

"Daniel do you think there's a connection between that girl going missing and Duke leaving," I asked Alpha Daniel

"hmm" was all Alpha Daniel said going back to his paperwork

He never paid attention to me unless it was in bed but what did I expect, my goal wasn't to be with the soon to be ex-Alpha, no my goal was to be with Duke.

"I mean we both know Duke didn't get kidnapped and he has a mate in the pack, could Melody be his mate?" I asked and that seemed to get his attention because he stopped reading his papers and look at me.

"It's possible, now that you mentioned it," he said

"Ya, I mean what if whoever kidnapped her did for Duke, or even worst what if it was Duke who kidnapped her?" I asked him

"There was no scent on the scene, how is that possible?" he asked

"I don't know but we're talking about Duke here. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with some scent masking thing, he's practically a genius" I said.

"A scent masking formula, huh. Leave now I have calls to make, I'll call you to the room when I need you" he said waving me out the room.

"ugh," I said getting up walking out the room.

I hated Alpha Daniel, the only time I enjoyed his company was in bed and even then I would pretend he was Duke. Duke, my sweet Duke, I miss you so much I thought while I rubbed my belly. Right now I know he was mad at me and he said a lot of things that I know he did not mean but as soon as he marked me, it would be ok. The mark and bond would force him to love me like a real mate and we can finally be a happy little one, rubbing my stomach again.

Today I had to go see the pack doctor check up on the baby, the future Alpha of the pack, I smiled at that thought.

"Blair, how are you feeling today?" Dr. Joel asked me

"Good, no more morning sickness and he's moving quite a lot" I answered

"That's good to hear, there's a couple of things though that are concerning me," Dr. Joel said and I just waited for him to continue

"Well the baby isn't growing at the rate of a normal Alpha baby, it's growing at a slower pace. The same pace a regular wolf baby grows, but what really concerns me is the fact that you are having a girl instead of a boy."

"Ok, what's the problem with my baby growing at a slower pace and what's wrong with having a girl" I snapped at him.

"Nothing, nothing at all, I only bring it up because it has never been recorded of an Alpha's firstborn not being a male or for a baby with Alpha blood to grow at the same pace as a regular wolf baby. I would like to run an additional test, and talk to the Alpha to see why is this happening with your permission of course" he said.

"NO! You don't have my permission to test my child or to run your mouth about my baby. I'm your future luna, are you saying that this isn't Duke's child? As soon as he's home I'll have him ban you or better yet kill you for thinking that this isn't his baby!" I yelled at him, standing up grabbing my bad to leave the room.

"Luna, I'm sorry for my inconsideration. Of course, the baby has Alpha blood in it, I must have made a mistake or misread the files. I apologize, please forgive." he literally begged

"Just keep your mouth shut and just do your job of monitoring my pregnancy. Your opinion means nothing to me unless the baby is having health issues you don't tell anyone anything about my baby, do you understand Dr. Joel" I said to him quietly.