Chapter 28

Ariel POV

Mom managed to calm down and decided that she needed a nap in order to think clearly. Still unsure of whether or not she would be ok, I quietly left her room. With everything, I just learned more than anything I needed to talk to someone.

I wasn't planning on dragging anyone else into this mess by telling them anything. Maybe that's why instead of calling my best friend Jordan, or Kate or even Lauri. I pressed Parker's name and waited for him to pick up.

It didn't take long for him to pick up and whisper hey before a wave of calmness fell on me.

"Is this a bad time?" I asked since he was whispering.

"No, what would make you think it was?" he continued to whisper.

"Because you're whispering on the phone," I said slightly amused.

"Oh ya, give me a sec, my bad," and I could hear him moving around and heard a door closed before he spoke in his regular tone.

"Better now princess," he teased.

"Much better and if I'm a princess then you're the court jester," I teased back.

"Court jester, those guys never get the princess. I think I'm more like a knight in shining armor, slaying dragons and making princesses' fall in love."

"The only knight this princess will fall in love with is her mate and you're not him, so you'll have to settle for the court jester position," I continued to tease him.

As soon as the words came out my mouth, I felt weird and Parker went silent. Nothing else was said, but I could hear him breathing on the phone. He was still on the line but 3 minutes went by and still nothing. I don't know what I said wrong, after our talk the other night I thought we were cool enough to tease each other.

"Sorry for calling," I said quickly and hung up without a response from him. Less than 5 seconds later, Parker returns my call. Unsure of whether or not I should pick up the phone, I stared at it until his name disappeared only for it quickly appear again on my screen.

Taking a deep breath I decided to pick up, maybe I was overreacting. The silence could have had something to do with his wolf talking to him and not the teasing.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, why did you hang up?" he asked.

"You wasn't saying anything, I thought I said something wrong. Although thinking about it now, I don't see why calling you a court jester would offend you."

Before responding, I heard him laughing "you're something else, Ariel". The way he said, Ariel brought a small shy smile on my face.

"I'm sorry about that though, it had nothing to with the court jester thing. I'll happily take any position you give me, princess."

Not knowing what to say to that, this time I had no response for him.

"But what's going on? Is everything ok?" he asked.

"Umm, ya everything is ok. I just had a really intense talk with my mom. I just needed to talk to someone else," I said quietly realizing now that maybe it was a dumb idea to call him for that.

"Well, I'm glad you called it made me happy. Do you want to talk about it? I've been told I'm a great listener," he said.

"Really who told you that? your mom doesn't count," I giggled and fell on my bed.

"All the ladies say it, haven't you heard the ladies love to talk to Parker," he teased.

"Princess don't waste time listening to rumors concerning a jester."

"Of course when it comes to the regular everyday jester, but I'm an exclusive jester. The best so you should pay attention to the rumor's concerning me before another princess steal's me," He laughed.

"If that's all it takes for me to lose my court jester, then I guess you were never mine to began with," I whispered.

"If only it was that easy to lose me, princess, this court jester belongs only solely to Princess Ariel, and I refuse to give up my position." He said with a tone that told me he was no longer teasing.

Not quite such of how I should respond to this statement, nor do I want to continue with this conversation.

"Parker, what's it like being a twin? is it like the movie parent trap," I asked deciding it was best to change the topic.

If the change in topics caught Parker off guard he didn't show it, instead, he laughed.

"You really comparing me and Oliver to that movie, you're funny Ariel. But nope we were like Zack and Cody from the show suite life of Zack and Cody."

"I can't believe you watch that show, my best friend Jordan had the biggest crush on Zack ever. She uses to make use watch that shows every day and twice on the weekend," I laughed.

"Yup that was me and Oliver, we would get into all kinds of trouble. The pack  was torn between our cuteness and wanting to punish us for the trouble we caused."

"Wow, I can see you causing trouble but Oliver seems like he was the good twin," I said.

"Oh contrary, he came up with the ideas. Like one time he thought it would be a great idea to turn our parent's bathtub into a lake for pet frogs we didn't have. It didn't take much for him to convince me to join him, and we spent the next hour catching frogs and putting them in the tub. I think we caught like 8 frogs before we got tired decided to go get a snack." He paused for a second and I could just imagine the scene.

"Don't tell me you guys forgot about the frogs?" I asked.

"Yup, we forgot all about them until later on that night when our father decided to go take a shower. It was the funniest thing ever, he was screamed and mom thought something happened to him and ran upstairs. Only to find him in a bathroom with frogs jumping everywhere, there was even one on his head. We took one look at the scene and dad's face and busted out laughing, even mom was laughing. I think she even managed to take a picture of him with the frog on his head, we got in so much trouble that day." He ended the story with a soft laugh and left me laughing so hard I had to pull the phone from my face.

"Oh my god, you guys were so bad. Like what did the pack Alpha and Luna had to say about you guys," I asked after I managed to stop laughing.

"They love us we're their favorite nephews."

"Wow, I didn't know you guys were related to your packs Alpha and Luna. So does that mean Lauri is also related to them?" I asked.

"Lauri is our cousin from my dad side, my mom is actually our Alpha's little sister and dad is his best friend. They grew up together and when they got old enough the found out they were mates."

"Aww there story sound so adorable," I cooed.

"Ugh, ya so adorable, makes me want to vomit," he teased.

"Wait till you find your mate, mister."

"I'm one of the lucky few who's no longer is playing the wait till you find your mate game," he said quietly.

Did that mean Parker already found his mate?

"You found you're," before I could finish my sentence Parker cut me off at the same time somebody knocked on my door.

"Hey sweetheart, have you seen your mom?" my dad asked before popping his head into the room.

"She's not here," I asked and watched him shake his head no.

"Is everything ok Ariel?" Parker asked on the line.

"I gotta go, I'll talk to you later," I said quickly before hanging up.

"Did she leave a note? I just left her room, she was told she was going take a nap," I panicked.

What if mom went to confront Alpha Brad?