Chapter 9

MELODY'S MOTHER P.O.V

It was around 10 am when we found the note and saw half of Melody's closet empty. 

No scent we could pick up on other than Melody's and tire tracks outside her room behind the house leading out the territory. 

"I don't understand this? Why would she just leave like this?" I asked my husband while trying my best not to cry.

"I don't know Ally, I really don't know.  Let's go see the Alpha, this is not like our Melody" he said and together we left to see the Alpha.

We knocked on the Alpha's door and we're greeted by Blair dressed in men's large shirt and no bottoms, "Yes can I help you?" she asked 

"We need to speak the Alpha, our daughter is missing," I said

"Might be rogues?" Jack said. 

"Oh no, these might the same rogues who took Duke. Come in, come in he's in his office." She said and allowed us in the house before heading upstairs I assumed to get dressed. 

Just as we were about to knock on the Alpha's door, the door swung opened and the Alpha walked out almost running into us. "Mr. and Mrs. Jameson, what are you doing here?"

"It's Melody, she's gone" I practically yelled at him   

"We think rogues took her," Jack said 

"Did you catch any scents in the area?" he asked us with concern.

"No sir, there was no scent at all, she just left us a note"

"No scent huh?, can I read the note?" he asked and I handed him the note 

"Let's go in my office, I'll read it there," he said and led us to his office. 

(Dear Mom, Dad, Ariel, and Lauri, 

I love you guys but I had to leave, I found my mate and he's a rogue. I know you guys and the pack would not approve but he's my mate and I want to be with him. So goodbye, Love Melody. )

"I don't understand, this note said she left willingly and you found no scents in the area. Based on this note your daughter has left the pack to be with her rogue mate," he said sounding slightly disgusted at the end when he said her mate.   

"But this is not like our daughter, she would never just up and leave like that regardless of who her mate is. Plus this letter is typed, she didn't even write this letter.  " my husband defended our daughter.

"The rogue who took her probably wrote it. If he's her mate he might know something about the rogues who kidnapped Duke and that's why he took my baby.  " I said out loud causing both males to look at me

"what do you mean? Melody had nothing to do with Duke kidnapping" Jack said with a harsh tone.

"I'm not saying she did, but her mate might know who was involved. Think about it, if her mate is a rogue he has to know other rogues and probably heard about who took Duke" I responded back quietly

"you're right Mrs.Jameson, I'll look into this right away.  your daughter's mate might be our only connection to finding Duke and bringing him home" The alpha said.

"Thank you, Alpha," we said before walking out of the office.

"I hope we find her soon," I said before the tears started falling from my eyes. 

MELODY'S POV 

What's going on? Why do I feel like this? I asked my wolf and got no response, I was in the backseat of a car and my blanket was wrapped around me. 

I bet it's Lauri trying to kidnap me to come with her, when will that girl learn I thought.

I sat up and stretched and for the first time noticed that this was not Lauri's car. 

Who's car is this? What's going on? I thought frantically 

I have to get out of here and try my best to stay calm. 

As soon as I let go of the air I was holding in, the door swung open and I was faced with the one person I thought I would never have to face again.  

"Miss me, little mate," he said

No, it couldn't be him, he's gone, this can't be real. Those were my last thought before I passed out from shock. 

*** Who could it be?? Take a guest, and can you tell I changed some things around.