Chapter Two

"Alright, class dismissed, don't forget to fill out the request form for the doll from the hospital, it's due tomorrow" Mr. Ducain said as everybody left the class. Except me. And Calum.

I heard an annoying beep and pulled out my phone, Lexi texted me.

LeH- "Umm earth to Naomi, did you forget what coach Boyd said yesterday"

NI- "Um no..."

LeH- "She said if we're late again, we'll be kicked off the team"

NI- "Oh shit that's right, what am I going to do"

leH- "idk"

Well fuck.

"Umm Mr. Ducain" I said running up to his desk, "Is it possible I can serve this detention later, I really have to get to cheer and if I don't then my coach will literally kick me off the team"

"I'm sorry Naomi, this is the only day I can stay after school, but, since this is such a pressing issue, and you've never served detention in my class before, I will just give you and Calum an extra 2 weeks of the project"

A month with Calum

"Umm ok that's fine thank you" I stumbled, I really didn't want to do this for an entire month, it's not like I hated Calum, but he can get super annoying, and he teases me and Lexi so much, it's like doing a project with your brother, but not.

"Not so fast, Calum has to agree" he said tauntily, well that sucks, he will never agree to that.

"Please Cal" I begged as he began to pull out his homework.

"Fine" he agreed, "but only if I never have to touch the kid during weekends"

"Ok, yes, whatever. Thank you" I said wrapping my arms around his neck quickly in a slight hug, "I owe you one" I yelled as I walked out of the classroom.

I sprinted across campus as fast as I could, I really loved cheer and I would be devastated if I lost it.

"You made it!" Lexi exclaimed as I walked in the locker room.

"Ya, Mr. Ducain let me off with two extra weeks of the project"

"Calum agreed to that? wait, you agreed to that? Are you sick?"

"Haha no, I just really needed to get to cheer, but I don't know what Calum's motivation was to say yes, he hates projects"

"Ya, I've been his sister for 16 years and I'm surprised. Ooh, maybe he likes you."

"Ya no haha, that would never happen lol"

"Mmhmm, well I'm going to start on the wedding invitations"

"Ok you do that lol, let's go, after all that I can't be late."

(After cheer)

"Hey mom" I said placing my keys on the coat hanger.

"Hey hon, how was school"

"Oh it was good, I have homework though so, bye" I yelled running up the stairs.

"Ok bye" she yelled up to my room.

Thank god Ashton didn't tell her yet, she would kill me. Shit, I have to make sure he doesn't tell her.

"Ashton!" I yelled walking into his doorway.

"What" He said, he seemed annoyed because I interrupted his music but whatever.

"Um could you please not tell mom about the detention thing."

"And why not?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Umm because I'm your twin sister and you love me?"

"Oooh wrong answer, try again."

"Ugh I'll give you 5 dollars"

"Ok, now leave my presence." He said, waving his hand towards the door.

I left and heard his music come back on immediately after I shut the door. We didn't always fight like this, in fact, when we were little, we were best friends. When we were 10 though, our dad left, and ever since, Ashton has been disconnected from me and mom. As much as I try, I don't think he'll ever return to giggly Ashton, the only time I see him like that these days, is in Luke's youtube videos. I can tell that music makes him really happy.

A familiar ding brought me out of my thought train, it was a text from Lexi with a picture of a piece of paper that said "You're invited to the union of Mr. and Mrs. Hood."

How on earth did she think that Calum liked me, all he did was a simple favor.

A/N- hey guys, sorry if all the dialogue confuses you, that's just my writing style. I currently have zero idea in how to start the next chapter so that sucks. Anyway so ya, hope you are having a good week so far.
Molly