Chapter Twenty

It's finally the Friday before homecoming  and I couldn't be more excited. Last year homecoming wasn't as important because: 1. I was a freshman, 2. I wasn't on varsity cheer yet, and 3. I didn't have a football player/bassist/hot af boyfriend.

I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. After that I blow dried my hair and walked back into my room with a towel on. I then picked out Calum's practice  football jersey that he gave me to wear today (school tradition) and black skinny jeans. After putting them on I did some light makeup and put my hair in a high ponytail with a cheer bow. God I looked way to perky. I walked downstairs and saw everyone waiting for me.

"Holy shit I have the hottest girlfriend ever." Calum gushed making me blush.

I walked over and kissed his cheek as I took in everyone's appearance. Ashton and Calum had their game jerseys on with black skinny jeans and Lexi had Ashton's practice jersey on also with black skinny jeans. They weren't dating but all the single cheerleaders and football players were assigned people because of the school tradition.

"Hi 'Irwin'." I teased Lexi.

"Shut up, 'Hood'." She said back sassily as we both laughed.

When we got to school we met up with everyone else. Bella was wearing Michael's practice jersey because they were kind of a thing and Michael was wearing the same as Ashton and Calum. Kennedy was a cheerleader also but she had no football boyfriend so she had to wear Luke's practice jersey.

"OMG WERE ALL TWINNING WE HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE!!!" Lexi exclaimed earning groans from all of us.

We all stood next to the people we had the jerseys of and took a picture from the front and one from the back to show the last names. The couples (mella and nalum) took single cute pictures together too. School dragged on slowly  until lunch when the cheerleaders had to hand out everyone's homecoming tickets.

"OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP!" Lexi said through a bull horn as she stood on a table. "WERE GOING TO CALL YOUR NAMES SO WE CAN GIVE YOU YOUR TICKETS."

After calling half of the names got to number one queen bitch named Alexa who is also Calum's ex-girlfriend.

"Ugh I don't know why he chose me over you, I'm so much prettier." She said sassily to me. I just put my head down and got insecure, it was true, why would he want me, an ugly girl with a history of depression, over her, a flawless girl.

"I chose her over you because she is the most beautiful human being I've ever seen, and she's not a conceited bitch like you are." Calum said coming out of nowhere and putting his arm around my neck. She just scoffed and walked away.

"Thank you." I said weakly.

"Hey", he said lifting my chin up,"Everything I just said was true." Making me tear up and kiss his jawline which nearly cut me. Jkjk.

"Okay we get it you two are cute." My friend Mia said coming up to us.

"Hi Mia." I said cheerfully, "what's up?"

"So I'm having a party after the game tonight and all of you should come, it's gonna be lit."

In response she got a lot of cools and I'm downs so I guess we're going to a party tonight.

After the rest of the school day we all decided to go home and get ready for the game. I changed into my uniform and couldn't help but look at my scars and how the sweat had somehow washed off the cover makeup. As I was looking mournfully at them, Ashton walked past my room door and walked in.

"Hey, listen, those are nothing to be ashamed of, they're your battle scars." He said hugging me.

"Thanks Ash." I said weakly.

"Your welcome." He said as he walked out of my room.

I looked at myself once again and decided I needed to be happy tonight. Everything is going right and couldn't be better. So I applied more cover makeup to my scars and tightened my ponytail as I walked downstairs. Once again Calum, Ashton, and Lexi were waiting downstairs for me. Do I really take that long?

"You guys are so cute let me take a picture!" My mom gushed earning groans from everyone except for Lexi. If you couldn't tell our group hates pictures. Joy walked in the front door and joined my mom for pictures.

"Ughhhh aren't you guys going to get pictures tomorrow?" Calum groaned.

"Just a few more." They said.

After those were taken we saw Luke's car waiting outside for us. I was an 8-seater BMW mini-van that miraculously fit all of us.

"Okay bye." We yelled, rushing out so they couldn't get any more pictures.

Once we got to the game, the girls parted ways with the boys and we began to set up our cheer boxes.

The game went flawlessly and during half-time the guys finished their team meeting early so they could watch our routine because the dancers did their's first. I was really nervous for my fly trick but all the guys were cheering us on and I did it perfectly. The guys ended up winning the game and at the end we snuck up behind them and helped the football team dump Gatorade on coach Lorenzo. After that we all got back into Luke's car and headed to the party. When we got there everyone walked in except Calum who pulled me back with him.

"I just wanted to let you know, the last name Hood looks really good on you, gorgeous." He said pecking my lips. How did I get so lucky to have such a fucked up childhood turn into such a happy teenage life. I guess I was just lucky.

A/N- Heyyyyyy guys. So the next chapter will be the homecoming dance and I promise some drama will happen very soon so stay tuned. Also if anyone actually reads this book thank you so much!!!!!. And if it sucks I'm sorry lmao. Okay bye!!! Love ya's.

~❤️Molly