Chapter Twelve

They say when you die, you have 7 minutes of brain activity left. In that seven minutes, you experience multiple flashbacks of your life so far. I saw myself on top of a blanket, playing with Ashton, maybe age 2. I saw my birthdays, mom coming into my room with a cupcake at 8 in the morning. I saw the gates of Foster Elementary School, myself walking into kindergarten hand in hand with Ashton. I saw myself and Lexi being chased by Calum and Ashton around the playground. I saw the time that me and Calum kissed by the swing set at age 6. I saw me, Lexi, Kennedy, and Bella's sleepovers. I saw when I fell of my bike and Mikey cleaned my cut and put his Car's bandaid on it. I saw me and Luke's deep conversations in the treehouse. I saw my father hitting me, the cuts, the depression. I saw me and Calum taking care of our "child" together, it started crying and he got it to calm down, gently and peacefully. And finally I saw my family and friends the night of the sleepover. Suddenly I was falling toward a light, I was upside-down falling, I guess you could call it floating. I was then greeted by a voice.

"Hello my dear." Said this unrecognizable voice.

"Um hi." I said awkwardly.

"Do you know where you are?" He asked.

"Um I'm gonna take a wild guess and say a dream."

"Oh dear, you don't remember what happened do you?" He asked.

"Um should I?" I said confused.

"Dear, you're in Pergatory, you overdosed."

Oh my god I'm dead? Nonono this can't be happening.

"I'm only 16." I cried.

"Going back to Earth is your choice, you're in a coma. If you choose to wake up, you will live a life filled with question, adventure, pain, grief, and happiness, but you will do it alongside your mother, brother, and friends. Shall you decide to stay here, you shall wait for them while living in your own perfect world, but it will be lonely."

"Do you have advice on which I should do?" I asked.

"The choice is yours, you have 24 hours."

"Wow lots of contemplation time thanks." I said sarcastically, but the mystery person was gone.

///meanwhile on Earth///

Ashton pov

"She's been in a Coma for 3 days Ashton, you haven't left the hospital, go home, get some rest." Mom said.

"No, I have to be here when she wakes up." I said stubbornly.

"Look, I'm here, your mom's here, Lexi's here, Mikey's here, Luke's here, Bella's here, Kennedy's here, we've all taken a break, so can you." Calum encouraged.

"Fine." I said said annoyed.

As I walked out, I ran into a familiar person, yet so different.

"Why are you here?" I said darkly.

"Look Ashton, I don't drink anymore, I'm better I swear." He plead.

"Honestly dad  I don't want to hear it, you caused her so much pain and then you left, I could forgive you leaving, but what you did to my sister was unforgivable. You need to leave."

"I deserve to see her, I'm her father."

"A father is supposed to protect their children, not be the one to cause them harm." My patience was running out, I was ready to swing.

"I'm not leaving." He said trying to push past me.

Finally my anger got the best of me and I punched him in the nose, tackling him down. I was beating the shit out of him when everybody came. It took Michael, Calum, and Luke to get me off of him. Once I was off he just ran off, the coward he is.

"Come on mate I'll take you home." Said Luke.

I just went with him, too tired to be stubborn anymore.

Calum's pov

I acted shocked but if I ever saw that prick again, I would do the same. What kind of man hits an innocent little girl. Especially one as beautiful, kind, gentle, and caring as Naomi. He's the reason she is dieing right now, and that's unforgivable. It's not until you lose someone that you notice how much they mean to you. Over the past 3 days I have realized my love for her, I love Naomi Irwin.

///meanwhile in Pergatory///

Naomi pov

I can see the people on Earth, I wonder how long I was just in pure dark sleep before my flashback and entrance to Pergatory, maybe hours, maybe minutes, maybe years, I have no idea. I just watched Ashton beat the shit out of my father. Good on him. I decided to walk around the hospital and check on everyone. I walked toward Calum and walked through him. Shit that was cool as fuck. Wait I heard something while I was walking through him. I did it again and I heard it again. OH MY GOD I CAN HEAR HIS THOUGHTS. He was thinking about me. Obviously he's thinking about you, you're in a coma. My conscience said. I was thinking about him too, I think I really do like him, but I don't think it was meant to be. We had a kiss when we were little, but nothing big. Suddenly I was being pulled back into my body.

"I changed my mind." The voice said, "You must decide now."

This person must not have been Jesus because he was rude as hell. I wasn't ready to make a decision.

"I can't decide yet, you said 24 hours." I yelled.

"If you don't decide now. You will be in Pergatory for 20 years." He growled.

"Okay okay, I choose-"

A/N- CLIFFHANGER~~~~~ sorry guys lmao. So if this is moving too fast sorry but ya this is my first book soooo. Also if you were confused, Naomi was like asleep for 3 days before she entered Pergatory so ya. Also I don't have a specific religion so I'm just guessing about this but it's fiction so it's all good. Anyway thanks for reading and I'll see you next week. Bye babes.

Unpredictable (c.h.)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें