Chapter Thirty-five

Naomi's POV:

It was finally here. The day my mother was marrying Reese Hemmings. The cake had been made, flowers had been arranged, and tables had been set up. The only discouraging part of this day was that it marked one week until the boys left. Everyone was trying to live in the moment and be happy, but it tugged at all of us.

"Mom you look beautiful." I said as I adjusted her veil.

"Thank you Nai, are you sure everything's ready?"

"Yes mom, the only thing missing about the wedding is you right now." I laughed.

The organ started to play as we lined up at the back of the church. We weren't super religious but my mom had a thing for tradition. Ashton was at the back waiting to give her away because my grandfather is dead, while I was at the front linking arms with Luke because I was the maid of honor and he was the best man. The ones behind us were Joy, David, Karen, and Daryl. The first to go were Lexi and Aspen as the flower girls and Calum as the ring bearer. After them was went me and Luke, all the parents, and then finally, Ashton and my mother. As we stood, the priest began to speak and vows were said. When the priest announced that Reese could kiss the bride, Michael, Bella, and Kennedy yelled "get it!" from the audience causing everyone to laugh.

At the reception I was sat at a table with Mom, Reese, Aspen, Luke, and Ashton. Being the best man, Luke had to give a toast before the festivities began.

"I would like to start off with a congratulations to my Father and new Mother. I've watched this relationship grow and prosper over the course of a year and they are meant to be, even if I didn't think so in the beginning." He started  off, making us laugh.

"When my mother died, I thought nobody would ever be able to fill the void, no woman would ever be good enough for my dad and I, but I was proved wrong. I'm so glad my dad knocked her up. To the happy couple!" He raised his glass.

"To the happy couple!" Everyone repeated and began clanking cheap wine classes filled with champagne together.

After we ate, it was time for the Bride and Groom's dance. As they danced to the tune of Gotta Get Out, people gradually started to join them on the dance floor, including me and Calum.

"Why'd they pick our song?" Calum complained.

"Because it's beautiful." I said.

"I wrote it about you, you know?" He said.

"Well at least I'll have something to listen to while you guys are gone." I moped.

"It's only 2 months Nai. And we have a whole week before we have to go." He said.

"I know, it's just gonna be hard." I whispered into his chest.

"I know." He said as he calmed me by starting to sing some of the lyrics and rubbed my back.

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to it's knees well baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.

A/N- HEY GUYS. So I know it's been like 1000 years but I'm back and ready to write. I know this chapter is hella short and I apologize for that but the next chapter will be the last except for the epilogue. :(. THERE WILL be a sequel but I don't know when. I'm going to be starting a new book before I do the sequel so stay tuned for that. Okay bye loves.

-Molly 💕💕