Chapter Thirty-Four

Naomi POV~

It's been a week since Lexi woke up and it was finally time for her to come home. Because she was in a car crash, her bottom half is paralyzed indefinitely so she has to be in a wheel chair. In the typical Lexi fashion though, she has an extremely positive outlook.

"It's fine Ashton I can wheel myself in." Lexi said as she got out of the car. Recently Ashton has been visiting her everyday and helping her in every way possible which is nice of him but a little weird.

"Okay just don't fall." He said as he kept his arms out to spot her.

"Ash, I'm in a wheelchair, I'll be fine." She groaned.

"Okay, okay." He sighed.

Unfortunately, Lexi coming home also meant Calum sleeping at his house once again instead of mine which made us both extremely sad but at least it was because she was safe. Another change was the fact that the Hood's installed ramps everywhere so that she could get around in her wheelchair. Her main concern was not the stairs in her house though, it was the fact that she wouldn't be able to walk up to the stage at my mother and Reese's wedding. My mom told her that she could put a ramp there, but Lexi felt like a burden so she just opted to being a flower girl with Aspen.

"Hey, you okay you kinda spaced out there?" Calum asked me.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about the wedding and everything coming up." I told him.

"I know, it's so cool that they were able to schedule everything for a week from now considering it's so last minute." He said excitedly.

"Hey have you told Lexi yet that they confirmed the dates for the tour this summer?" I asked referring to the fact that Hot Chelle Rae's manager had contacted 5sos' manager Adam and set the dates for the 2 month tour this summer.

"No, I'm scared that she'll react badly considering she hasn't been here for a while and we're leaving right after the wedding." He sighed.

"You have to tell her Cal, she'll be madder if you don't." I said.

"I know, I will tonight when me and the boys tell Kennedy and Bella." He said. I was the only girl who knew because I was a girlfriend and because Michael was too afraid to tell Bella alone.

A few minutes later, Kennedy, Bella, and Michael arrived at the Hood residence for another squad sleepover to celebrate Lexi being back.

"LEXI!" Michael shouted and ran to her wheelchair.

"Whoa, hey Mikey." She said a little startled.

"Sorry, I just missed you a lot." He blushed. You would think that Bella would mind Michael showing this level of affection to a girl that wasn't her but she understood how close the two of them were.

"Hey so um, we need to tell you girls something." Luke awkwardly scratched his head as everyone sat down and turned to listen.

"What is it?" Kennedy asked.

"Well um, so, um. Ashton?" Michael tried to find the words but couldn't so he opted for passing the opportunity to Ashton.

"Michael it's not that hard to get out. Girls, we're going on tour this summer and we're leaving right after the wedding and won't come back until school starts." Ashton blurted out.

"But what about spending the summer with us?" Bella choked out.

"I'm sorry, we have to do it, it's our dream babe." Michael rubbed her back.

"Lex, what are you thinking about?" Calum asked her as we all realized she hadn't reacted yet.

"Nothing, I'm happy for you guys. Um please excuse me for a minute, I uh, left something upstairs." She hurried out as she wheeled to her room.

"I'm gonna go check on her." I said.

"No let me." Calum said.

Calum POV~

"Hey Lex." I whispered as I walked into her room to find her on the bed crying.

"Oh hey Cal, um sorry I'm just a little emotional I'll be downstairs in a bit." She said weakly.

"Hey don't apologize Lexi you didn't do anything, it's me who's leaving." I said as I sat at the end of her bed.

"I'm just so scared Calum, all my life I've had you and Ashton to fall back on and now, now I just have Naomi and sure she's my best friend but you're my brother and I already missed so much and I'm just gonna miss you a lot." She sobbed.

"No no it's okay Lexi we'll call you every day I promise." I comforted her.

"It won't be the same." She sighed.

"I know and I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Cal you can't be sorry, you're living the dream. I'm just gonna have to get used to it." She sighed.

"Listen I'll tell you what, every night before I leave, me, you, mom, and dad will have a family movie night and spend time with eachother okay?" I proposed.

"Sounds good, now let's get back to the sleepover." She giggled as she got back into her wheelchair and we left her room.

A/N- Hey guyssss. Short chapter I know I'm sorry. So holy shit Ashton is 22 and Luke is 20 they're so grown up I can't. Also I just saw Halsey and it was 10/10 but I have major pcd. I'm thinking of starting another story and ending this one soon but who knows TBH. Alright that's it.
Bye loves,
Molly ❤️