Chapter Seven

*Trigger Warning*

"Uh Nai, why aren't you moving?" Calum said as I stopped dead in my tracks. I was the first in our group so I guess nobody else has seen yet. As fast as I could I ran all the way home, completely ignoring everyone. Nobody else was home. Good I was alone.

I walked over to my bottom drawer, moved all the clothes and went for the thing that was duct taped to the bottom. My blade. I haven't used it ever since I was 13. Three years ago. I started when I was 8. I quickly pulled it out and walked to the bathroom to get gauze for after.

I then walked into the basement, where it happened for the first time.

Flashback

"Hi, I'm home" I said as I came into the door, I was in a particularly happy mood because I got to have all of my dad's attention, mom was on a business trip, and Ashton's class left for their sleep away field trip today. My class was going next week.

I didn't hear a response so I went down to the basement to play video games until dad got home.

"What do you think you're doing?" I heard a thick, harsh voice say.

"Oh hi daddy. I just got home from school and I thought you were at work so I was going to go pass time until you came home." I said innocently, kinda wondering why he smelled so much like alcohol and why he sounded so mean.

"It's just me and you this weekend so they're different rules"

"Okay..." I said, confused.

Next thing I know I was being pushed down the stairs. When I got to the bottom, he started kicking and punching me. I plead and plead for him to stop but he wouldn't. I was helpless.

Flashback over

I don't remember much else from that weekend. When Mom and Ash came home, he forced me to tell them that someone beat me up at the park, to explain the bruises. He never hurt Ashton. He never hurt mom. I remember him saying he only ever wanted boys. Telling me to die and that nobody loves me. I started to believe it.

I didn't even realize that I had started crying. I quickly swiped the blade across my wrist 5 times, then on to the other wrist 5 times, then on to my thighs, 10 times each. The pain was overwhelming but satisfying, I had missed it.

I quickly went back to my room, cleaned myself up, and fell asleep, leaving no trace of the previous events.
------------

I woke up to a hand on my back, soothingly rubbing circles on it.

"Hey you're awake" a female voice exclaimed as I sat up.

I soon recognized it was Lexi.

"What time is it" I muttered

"3 o'clock" she said.

"What happened after I left" I asked.

"Ashton talked to him for a while. We were all confused on why you left, until I remembered."

"Please tell me you didn't tell anyone." I begged.

"No I didn't, I should've, I should've a long time ago, but I didn't." She said remorsefully.

"Stop Lexi, we were 8 years old for Christ sakes, and I said I would stop being your friend."

"Two years, you took that abuse, and now he's trying to come back into your life. While you were gone, he apologized to Ashton and said he wanted to start over. That's when I left. I think Calum and Ashton are still there though." She said, almost in tears. "Wait Nai, please don't tell me you did it." She asked wearily.

I started crying as to give her confirmation that I did, in fact do it again. I cut.

She instantly broke out into more tears. Both of us cried until we both fell back asleep.

A/n- hey guys, second chapter yay. I actually might make a third chapter today to so stay tuned. Bye for now loves.

Molly