Chapter Twenty Seven

"Come on get up it's Christmasssss!" Luke yelled as he jumped on my bed. Him and his dad officially moved in about 2 days ago and he was really excited because ever since his mom died, Christmas has been sad and boring. This year though, it's a new start.

"Ugh." I grunted as I rolled over still in a blanket burrito.

"Fine, if you don't get up I'll make you." He said sternly before unrolling my blanket and flipping me over his shoulder to carry me downstairs.

"Put me down!" I giggled while punching his back, but I was no match for him being as small as I was. Eventually he dropped me on the couch in the living room where everyone else was.

"So nice of you to join us Naomi." Reese chuckled making me stick my tongue out at him.

"So were we gonna open gifts or nah?" Ashton asked impatiently.

"Yes Ashton, you can start." My mom said quietly due to the baby she was holding.

All three of us jumped off the couch and onto the floor around the tree. Luke stood up and pulled our stockings off the fireplace and we all opened them. Even Aspen had a little "Baby's First Christmas" stocking with little stuff. We had all bought her gifts just in case she had been born before Christmas which she was.

"Open my gift first Naomi." Ashton urged. I opened the box to see a picture of us about age ten in a frame with a necklace.

"Oh my god Ashton, where did you find this?" I asked referring to the necklace. It was one I had when I was little from my grandmother but I lost it around age ten. Ashton had a matching bracelet to the necklace because my grandmother wanted all of our stuff to match. He pulled his sleeve up to reveal that he found the bracelet also.

"Don't you remember? We buried put them in that tree when we were ten as a time capsule." He said jogging my memory. I instantly remembered putting it there and also who I forgot about it. The day after we did it was the day my dad started abusing me and I guess it made me forget. I didn't even notice I was crying until Ashton moved over to hug me.

"You're welcome." He said cheekily.

Next I opened gifts from mom and Reese which were Beats by Dre, a new phone case, and a record player with a few old classic rock vinyls. Last but not least I opened Luke's which was an iTunes gift card and a Victoria's Secret windbreaker.

"Thanks everyone." I said as I gave everyone individual hugs.

Ashton and Luke all got the same things as me from mom and Reese but different colors and from they got eachother video games while I got them both PlayStation gift cards and their favorite candy. I was quite shocked that this year, Ashton gave a more sentimental gift than anyone.

Aspen got a few stuffed animals and little toys but nothing too big.

"Okay, family picture time, kids first." Mom ordered as she stood behind a camera.

After groaning I sat by the tree with Aspen in my lap, Luke on my right, and Ashton on my left.

"Okay now I'm gonna put this on timer so that we can get the whole family." Mom said rushing over to us. While moving around, Luke knocked over a glass on the coffee table, causing Ashton to knock over the tree which made mom run into me and all of us in a giggling mess. The picture was a mess of Luke holding Aspen as far away as possible, me and my mom steadying eachother, and Ashton and Reese laughing hysterically.

"I don't even wanna retake it." Mom laughed.

"Me neither" I giggled.