Chapter Fourteen

As I walked into the house it felt weird, almost foreign to me. I wasn't the girl I used to be. I would now be labeled as "broken". And I certainly wasn't ready for this 24 hour surveillance shit for 2 weeks but I guess it's better than rehab. I slowly climbed the stairs and walked up to my room, you could tell it had been virtually scrubbed. Everything dusted, organized, vaccumed, and mopped. My mom had definitely been in here. I plopped onto my bed and plugged my IPhone into the speaker, turning on stitches by Shawn Mendes. While I listened to that I decided to go on my laptop and see what I missed while I was in a coma. As I was scrolling through Instagram I saw a picture of all of us from a sleepover we had this summer. Everyone looked so happy, I was happy. I had found a way to block out my dad and the boys hadn't become their salty selves yet. It was the best summer of my life. The person who posted the picture was Calum and the caption was, "I wish we still had these summer nights" and he tagged all of us in it. Ever since me and Calum's kiss yesterday we haven't spoken. At all. And I don't know what to think. What if it was just for pity, does this mean we're a thing now? As if on cue, Calum walks into my room.

"Hi um, your mom and Ashton went to the store so they asked me to be with you until they get back, and you left you suit case in the car so here." He said awkwardly putting my suitcase next to my desk.

"I hate this shit, I don't need a babysitter Cal." I scoffed, turning off my music.

"Well it's either this or rehab soooooo" he trailed off.

"Whatever." I bluntly said.

I really didn't want to talk about us right now so I decided to turn my music back on as Calum showed himself out of my room and probably to the kitchen because someone always has to be in the house with me. I don't know why Lexi couldn't come over, or really anyone but Calum. I decided to FaceTime Lexi because I really needed her right now. After three rings her face popped up.

"HiNaomithisisabadtimeihavetogobye" she said quickly before hanging up. Great. I tried Kennedy and Bella but they didn't even answer.

I finally resorted to actually talking to Calum because it was killing me. As soon as I tried to walk down the stairs, my right leg went numb because of the medication, and I began to stumble, but before I could, I felt two strong arms catching me and carrying me the rest of the way down.

"Thanks" I said awkwardly.

"No problem Nai" Calum said as he walked back into the kitchen.

"Wait Calum" I said before got there. "Can we um talk about yesterday?"

"Oh um I'm sorry I don't know why I did that I wasn't thinking, it's okay if you don't like me back I was just thinking that since yo-" I cut off his rambling by planting a kiss to his mouth, leaving him in utter shock.

"I do like you back Calum, when I was in my coma, I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that if I died, I would never be able to tell you that I really do like you, and I have ever since we were six."

"I-I-" he stuttered.

"Just shut up and kiss me Hood." I said as our mouths linked together. Just like the kiss at the hospital it felt right like it was happening for a reason.

After about 5 minutes of kissing, my phone began to ring.

"Very bad time Lexi what" I said as I caught my breath.

"You're coming to my house when your brother gets home because we're having a squad sleepover and I'm not taking no for an answer, bye." She said and hung up.

"I guess we have a sleepover tonight?" I giggled to Calum.

"There's sister dearest for you." He said sarcastically, also giggling.

"So what does this mean, what are we?" I asked him seriously.

"I don't know, you'll have to find out." He said with a wink.

"Really Hood, what does that even mean?" I asked him as he was walking away, but he didn't answer so I just went back up to my room, dazed and confused.

/////////Sleepover/////////

"God it took you guys fiveever, how much did you buy from the store Ashton?" Lexi asked as me, him, and Calum walked into their house. You can see that preparations had been made, that must've been why she couldn't FaceTime earlier.

"Considering we've been at the hospital all week and needed new food, a lot." Ashton shot back as he sat down to play FIFA with Michael and Luke who were already there, and Calum following suit.

"Okay well what should we all do because I'd really rather not stay around the house all night." Bella complained.

"Well there's a few parties happening tonight, we could hit one up if everybody's down" Mike stated.

I'm usually not down but after being in a coma, I realized I needed to really live. So I agreed which surprised everyone.

"Who's the designated driver?" Michael questioned as we walked out of the house. We might be teenagers but we're not stupid.

"Uh me I guess, I'm not in a drinking mood tonight." Kennedy said receiving cheers from everyone and a hug from Mikey.

"Let's go." She said with a smirk as she started the car.

This better be a good party.

A/N- Hey guys. So today is Niall's birthday and Ashton got a haircut and it's the last show of Rowyso so that's sad. But I hope everyone has a good week and also the picture at the top is from the Amnesia video but we're just gonna pretend it's squad. Bye loves
-Molly