Chapter Twenty Two

It's been two weeks since homecoming, 5SOS booked a gig at the Annandale hotel downtown and it's happening tomorrow. The boys have been really excited considering it's their first gig and they have been gaining a lot of popularity recently.

"Ashton I swear to god if you wear that purple shirt I'm disowning you." Michael said teasingly as him and Luke were helping Ashton with his outfit for the show while I just layed on his messy bed and laughed.

"Bro it was one timeeeee" He whined back being interrupted by someone coming through the door downstairs.

"I HAVE ARRIVED and that's gross." Calum said as he walked in pointing to the very detailed pamphlet that my mom and Luke's dad were looking at in the living room about child birth.

"Brother when will you grow up?" Lexi asked him as they climbed up the stairs.

"Probably never, but that's why Nai Nai loves me." He said plopping down next to me on Ashton's bed. I immediately cringed at his use of that nickname because it brought back memories of them bullying me using that name. He noticed my face and asked me what was wrong.

"Oh um nothing I just have to um-" I stuttered before Lexi saved me. "We'll be right back guys" She said dragging me out of the room and into mine where I began to break into a panic attack. I really didn't know why I was overreacting to a simple name but it was just enough to remind me of bad things and I couldn't handle it.

"Naomi- breathe- calm down." Lexi said. She had never dealt with me having a panic attack before considering I only ever had them either alone or at home with my family after I was abused. To disguise the reason I would just say I had a bad dream or something because I obviously couldn't tell them and my mom and Ashton learned how to calm me down. Because my mom had just left with Luke's dad, she called Ashton in hoping he would know what to do.

"What could you possibl- oh my god Naomi" He said realizing the situation.

"Ashton she's freaking out and I don't know what to do." Lexi rushed.

"I've got this, she used to have them all the time when we were kids." He told her.

"Hey. Naomi. Think about your breathing ok." He said as he moved to put his arms around me to hold me. Eventually I calmed down and began to breathe normally again. I looked up and everyone was in the room but keeping their distance even though I could tell Calum wanted to come hold me like Ashton was.

"Okay guys can you all leave except Lexi for a moment?" Ashton asked. Everyone scurried out of the room and Lexi walked over to us.

"Listen Naomi I know you probably only want Lexi right now but you only used to have these when you had really bad dreams, I need to know what's wrong." He said protectively.

"Actually Ashton it wasn't because of bad dreams, it was when dad would, ya know" I stuttered. For a second he didn't understand but when he realized what I meant he hugged me tighter than before.

"Does that mean that someone hurt you? If it was Calum he's dead." Ashton said with clenched fists.

"No I just-" I paused to take a deep breath, "When you guys used to bully me and Lexi like not just sibling banter but bully you- you called me Nai Nai and I know it was an overreaction but it just brought back bad memories and I'm sorry that you had to go through this I'm such a mess I'm just-"

"Stop." Calum said barging in. "Naomi Irwin you are the sweetest kindest human being I have ever met and I'm so sorry we ever did that, I know we didn't physically hurt you but it was still unacceptable and I'm so so sorry." He continued as he walked over and sat next to me and Ashton transferring me into his arms.

"Ya, us too." Michael said while Luke nodded and they both came in.

"Me too little sis." Ashton said punching my arm lightly. Yes, unfortunately he is older by 5 hours.

"GROUP HUG" Lexi said pulling all of us together.

"I love you guys." I said quietly as we continued the cuddle fest until everyone fell asleep.

A/N- Okay so I know it's been a while but here's an update and I think I'm gonna do another one tonight so ya. Thanks if anyone even reads this 😘.

~Molly