Chapter Thirty-Two

Naomi's POV

We woke up in a mass of tangled bodies in the middle of the abandoned hospital hallway. Everyone had fallen asleep here and I assumed all the adults just let us sleep. I looked at everyone's eyes as they began to stir, tear-stained, and I had a feeling that wasn't going to change.

"Guys we should go see if they have any news yet." Calum said groggily he slowly stood up and put his hands out to help me get up. I gladly accepted them and we all went back into the main waiting room.

"Is there any information on her yet?" I asked Calum's dad as we all sit down next to the parents.

"Last time we talked to someone they said she was still in surgery." He replied.

"How long ago was that?" Calum stressed.

"About 3 hours ago." David said.

For the next half hour, everyone was completely silent, even Aspen. Michael was cuddled with Bella and leaning his head on his mom. Ashton and Kennedy were holding hands even though they weren't a couple, I had my hand tied with Calum's as he leaned his head on his dad. And Luke was holding Aspen and leaning on our mom's shoulder. Soon enough, the nurse showed up and walked over to us.

"Alexis Hood?" She asked as we all leaned forward and automatically held hands with the person next to us if we weren't already.

"So good news and bad news, bad news first; there was a complication with the surgery so she is in a coma. The good news is that she is alive. If you wa-" She began but was cut off by Calum.

"Family only." She said impatiently in response to Calum's rushed words.

"Wait, this girl is her best friend and my son's girlfriend, can she come in?" David asked referring to me.

"Fine but make it quick." She spoke as she motioned for us to follow her into a hallway. As we approached the room I could feel my heart tighten and quicken it's beating.

"Here she is, I'll leave you alone." The nurse said as she walked out and closed the door.

We all stared at her in shock until Joy walked over and touched her hand while she whispered things in her ear. Soon, Joy burst into tears and David walked over to escort her out of the room while rubbing her back. Me and Calum looked at eachother and I could see the tears in his eyes as he could see mine. Calum walked over to her and held her hand as he sat down in the chair by her bed. I followed suit and did the same thing on the other side of her bed.

"Hi sissy." Calum choked out, "Remember when we were 9 and we were playing in the backyard and you fell off the swing and pretended to be dead for 20 seconds, that was the scariest 20 seconds of my life. I need you, I need you so badly. I need your necessity to tell me when I'm being stupid, I need your sarcastic comments about what I'm wearing before important events, I need your will to forgive me every time I'm not a good brother. I need to be able to feel you fake punch me whenever I tease you about being the younger twin. I can't live without you." He got as far as that before he started sobbing. I went to sit in his lap as he gently released her hand and gave it to me.

"Hi Lex, I don't know if you can hear me or not but if you can please try to wake up. And listen, I was in a coma too, I know it feels like you can't do anything but just keep holding on and eventually you'll find the strength to wake up. Calum's not the only one who needs you, I can't live without my best friend. You're the one who keeps everyone sane and together and happy, nothing would be the same without you here." I finished sobbing.

I put my head in Calum's shoulder as we cried together. Eventually the nurse came in with more chairs and gave the others the okay to come in the room and talk to Lexi. People were moving in and out all day and eventually everyone went home except for me, Calum, Ashton, Luke, Bella, Kennedy, and Lexi's parents. We all sat in the chairs patiently waiting for her to wake up and ignoring Joy's attempts to make us rest. None of us could sleep unless we accidentally passed out, and there was no way any of us were leaving until our she woke up.

A/N- Hi guys. I know it's been a while and I'm so sorry about that but holy shit this chapter is so emotional. I absolutely hate writing hospital scenes but ya know ya gotta do what you gotta do. Also I'm gonna go on a mini rant so please disregard the second part of this author's note if you hate rants. OKAY HERE WE GO: I understand that some people don't like Arzaylea but why do they have to hate on her. Most people that dislike her are just jealous of the fact that she's dating Luke, but if it wasn't her it would be someone else and even if it was you who was dating him would you really want all that hate thrown at you. We all already know that Arzaylea has anxiety and this is just making it so much worse. SHE IS NOT USING LUKE FOR FAME/MONEY, she grew up with a father that was involved in the music scene so she already has money and they met at Kylie Jenner's birthday party which means she already had famous friends. The fact that Luke had to tweet what he tweeted and then DELETE IT, AND dm a fan that he was happy is so sad, when you love someone you hurt when they hurt. So anytime you hate on Arzaylea, just know you're hurting Luke as well. That is all. I'm done. No hate please.

Bye Loves <3