Chapter Thirty-Four: New Girl in Town and Jail Girl on the Run

Third-Person POV

Suffolk Falls, Virginia...

Talia Victoria Newman.

Unlike her cousin Kenya Halliday, she and her parents (both of them prominent financial planners) knew that Bay'Vion Copeland was meant for greatness as they and her aunt and uncle would do all they could to make things easier for him despite Kenya planning to make his life as miserable as she pleased. And when word of Vion nearly dying by Kenya's orders, it was all the more reason to sever ties with the disgraced "future diva of New Orleans" with them testifying against her in court during her swift trial and watching her being escorted to a waiting van that would take her back to Angola State Prison where she would grow old and die for her crimes.

And now, she and her parents were settling down in Suffolk Falls, Virginia (an hour's drive from Stonehaven Pointe) as her family finally finished unpacking and getting settled down after a week of a cross-country trip and her being registered for classes at Coolidge Memorial High School. She was currently finishing up her nesting phase for her bedroom when her phone rang. "Hello?" she answered as she tossed her throw pillow on her bed.

"Miss Newman, Mr. Westley here," came the voice of the school superintendent of Stonehaven Pointe Schools and the state advisor of the John Dandy Boys Club/Sons of Joneus. "I assume that you're fully settled in your new home?"

"That I am, sir," she replied. "I've been also meaning to make arrangements with Vion and De'Andre for a visit," she commented. "With everything going on so far, it's a nice pace to have some normalcy."

"I bet it is, my dear. The main reason that I'm calling you is to let you know that Vion and De'Andre, alongside Mr. Booker and Mr. Thompson, have officially been inducted into the brotherhood and will soon be formally introduced at tomorrow's beautillion ball at my manor," the man said. "You and your parents are cordially invited as formalwear for the event will be provided for you for one night only. However, you and your parents are to come to the manor to pay a visit to the Booker/Copeland men and the Thompsons as there is much to discuss."

"But of course," Talia said. "Do my parents know?"

"My son is contacting your father as we speak and a limo will arrive in one to two hours," Mr. Westley said. "But there has been a major development regarding your cousin, my dear, one that must be discussed."

That caught her attention. "What is it?"

A pause, then, "I've been told that Kenya Halliday has just escaped prison and is on her way to Virginia under an alias," he said. "For what we know so far, she wants to see if Vion is dead and wants to take out De'Andre and his family for betraying her."

"Oh, God," Talia replied, bitterness and anger at an all-time high. "Does she ever get the message that she can't stop what is meant to be?"

"Apparently not, my dear girl, but have good faith. The wheels are in motion and she cannot stop what is already fulfilled. But neither of the boys know of what is going on. I will be informing them and taking them to the Hall of Mirrors so they can transform into their Joneus personas. For now, I hope to see you and your family there. Others will be in attendance at today's gathering: Principal Fordham and VP Talbot of Trotter's Ridge, Vion's aunt, De'Andre's mother and grandparents, and a young man who will be one of the Guardians at Trotter's Ridge alongside Vion's new friends. Lunch will be provided, but this is a formal visit for the most part as the boys will need to prepare for tomorrow's festivities."

"Of course, sir. I'll need to freshen up and change. I'll see you soon."

"Thank you, Miss Newman. I look forward to your appearance."

They disconnected just as Talia's mom Annette came up the stairs. "Wash up and put on a nice outfit, Talia," she said. "I assume that you know about today's plans."

Talia nodded, making a beeline for her closet to grab a few items. "Yep, and I need fifteen minutes to dress up and be ready to see Vion and De'Andre," she replied. "After what I learned from Mr. Westley, today's going to be...well, memorable."

And gentle reader, that was going to be the truth.

*****************

Kenya's POV

Somewhere in Louisiana...

I couldn't take one more day being in that prison cell where I was public enemy number one. Since being convicted of Vion's murder, I had a strong feeling that I wasn't going to be on anyone's good list for what I did to Vion. I should be hailed as a Creole hero for exterminating the life of a punk who doesn't need to be a part of some abominating cult. People should consider me a martyr.

But no, folks. They saw me as a heartless whore for killing a gifted kid "who didn't need someone like me around."

That's not even the worst part! It turns out that my ex-boyfriend is now part of those pretty boys. Yeah, that's right! De'Andre Thompson and his daddy are now members of those John Dandy pretty boys who are likely aliens or whatever. Oh, that's just an act of treachery that I don't forgive or forget, not that I ever plan on doing anyway.

Which is why I'm currently on the run from police after breaking out of that prison and am currently en-route to Virginia to not only eliminate De'Andre once and for all but also make sure that Bay'Vion Copeland is either in a cemetery or in an urn somewhere. As long as he's dead, at least I know that I did one thing right. They convicted me of first-degree premeditated murder and conspiracy of murder  with me bearing all of the weight since Erdogan's suicide. At least my intel did right and never let the cops take her alive. I wished I had done the same, to be honest.

Anyway, I'm not going to stand by and let those pretty boys turn my football ex-boyfriend into one of them. As I said about Vion, so say I when it comes to De'Andre: if I can't have him, then no one can. I rather see him in a casket than with someone else.

Now, I know that word of who I am will likely spread across Stonehaven Pointe by now, so I gotta change my name and let them know that I could be trustworthy. And once I find De'Andre...that's when I'll strike before making sure that no one takes me back to jail or have an electric chair waiting for me.

Look out, Stonehaven Pointe, because Kenya Halliday (or rather, Kandi Holloway) is coming at y'all with a fiery vengeance. It's time to play a new game and it's one that I don't intend to ever lose! They ain't ready for me! But once they are, it'll be too late!

They say that pride comes before the fall, folks! And for Kenya/Kandi, it looks like her pride is as big as could be. But sometimes, most haters of her caliber aren't ready to play the most dangerous game of masquerade. Too bad no one has told her yet, because everyone will know who she is while she won't know who is normal and who...isn't.

Anyway, Vion and De'Andre are currently burning energy with the guys before being greeted by Talia as they get the news about Kenya/Kandi and her intentions, prompting them to learn more about being a Son of Joneus. Stay tuned, folks, because you can't go wrong!

Song: "Rodeo" by Lil' Nas X ft. Cardi B.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!