Chapter Fifty-Two (Vion's Birthday Weekend, Pt. Two)

The Daily Siren/Houlton Post

Personals with Nathan Bavier: I Want to be Your Ally

All right, folks. I'm not one for keeping things elaborate as De'Marquez is. And after my debut week in town and at school didn't pan out so well, I knew that it was time to keep things straightforward with you all even as I'm now on this weblog and the Daily Siren paper.

The moment that I let myself fall into Kenya's trap was when I knew that I was  going to catch a lot of heat for what I did. Believe me, my only intentions were to stir the pot while wanting to make waves. Now, I will admit that I wanted to be the next editor for Daily Mail, OK! Magazine, or even The Sun- the usual tabloids. And once I came here and fell in love with this town, I wanted to become the next best thing like Brenda Walsh was for the "Beverly Hills 90210" teen soap opera- ready to shake things up and become the life of the party. Funny how things planned out when I agreed to trash talk about this town while vainly uncovering any dark sides of this town. And when I launched that rag of a blog that was dedicated for such things, I knew that the heat was going to be on me for quite a while.

Thankfully, a lot of thinking was done as I took my lumps and accepted my punishments despite Kenya nagging me that our blog was for the greater good- for her good, I'll bet. Once I fully understood De'Marquez and what the late Bay'Vion Copeland put up with by her, I knew that I was over my head and would likely face more drama while being left without a friend if I didn't break things off as soon as possible. Her being arrested was the key moment when I did just that.

And I had no regrets.

I don't know what to expect after this post goes live. Some of y'all might still see me as the bad guy who is likely a double-agent. Some of y'all might give me a chance for redemption. All I know is that I want to be on the winning team- your team, Stonehaven Pointe. If you'll let me, I want to show you all that I'm more than just a thrill-seeking teenager who thinks life is like some fantastic teenage soap-opera storyline. I want to discover new passions, endure challenges, make friends who can keep me grounded, and maybe even learn more about my purpose in life. All in all, people of Stonehaven Pointe in Virginia, I want to be your ally. I hope this is okay.

*******************

The following morning, Westley Manor...

"Vion?"

I slowly fluttered my eyes, turning to face a contemplative De'Andre as the two of us snuggled in the bed that we shared together. It had been a sensual moment that included inducting Quintarrus and Damon into the brotherhood with both of them easily accepting their roles as Joneus while taking on new names as Trinnix (Quintarrus) and Waxio (Damon) as their alter-egos before they joined the rest of us for an unfiltered night of endless sex and orgies (which I don't intend to indulge with you all as I'm still a gentleman who never kisses and tells). "Yeah," I replied, stifling a yawn as I sat up. "What's up?"

"I've been thinking about you and me lately. And I know that we're still going all the way with being Sons of Joneus as well as John Dandy Boys and all. But let me ask you something. Where do you see the two of us in the future?"

I raised my eyebrows, surprised with the question. "You want the honest answer?"

"You know it. As the rule goes, Joneus men always keep things transparent and real with each other," he reminded me.

"Right." I took a deep breath before diving right in. "Well, you know that we're both bound to each other as well as our fellow brothers in arms and in bed," I began. "And since we're going to be polymorous with our brothers and older mentors, that's pretty much a solid bet. But I do imagine you and I in a solid relationship in the future. Maybe not yet as we're still relatively new to all of this, but I want you and I to be the kind of couple that can give many people a lot to talk about."

"For real?" De'Andre remarked.

"For real, man. I mean, I'm still shocked from when you first kissed me during our initiation weekend a while back," I admitted. "I really had no idea that you had a thing for me since I thought you were a man's man with you dating Kenya."

"I was, but dating Kenya was the biggest mistake that I ever made," De'andre snorted, rolling his eyes at the memory of being his ex's walking accessory. "But when I see you, I see you as someone who has his head on straight, concrete goals, and a no-nonsense demeanor that came from good home training by your parents as well as being under Pastor and First Lady Barker's wings back home in N'awlins. Everyone who knew of your story and how Kenya treated you believed that you deserved better than what you got with her. If you hadn't gotten out of there and made a better life here in Virginia, we'd be mourning your loss and wanting to have Kenya hanged after dealing with her bragging and dancing on your grave. Trust me, Vion, I see you as someone who can be thriving and living in your truth. And it's all the more reason to want you as my boyfriend although we are bound to our fellow Joneus men."

I pulled De'Andre in for a gentle kiss, our tongues briefly dancing before breaking away. "I want that as well," I replied just as there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said.

In stepped a robe-clad Damon and Quintarrus, both of them with grim faces. "It's Nathan," the former said. "Just as he was getting ready to turn in for the night, he was shot and killed by a newly-escaped Kenya."

"What?!" De'Andre and I exclaimed, rage and shock etched in our faces.

"And the man who was with him was none other than Nathan's cousin known as Robby Beckham, the first person who tried to discredit our brotherhood before you guys arrived," Quintarrus remarked. "Westley is calling for a mandatory meeting right now at the Hall of Mirrors!"

De'Andre and I nodded, knowing that this wasn't a request. "Let's go," I commanded, snapping my fingers to let myself dress in my Joneus costume. "We need to figure out a way to put Kenya away for good. I want to make sure that she'll not harm anyone else again!"

And that was the truth. Kenya Trenyce Halliday, if it's a war you want then it'll be a war you'll get. Let the REAL Masquerade Games begin!

Oh, shit! Nathan was gunned down by Kenya and it looks like she got help from his cousin Robby Beckham! And you won't believe how it all went down in the next chapter, so so stay tuned!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!