Chapter Thirty-Five: The Newman Guardians

Vion's POV

JOHN DANDY INITIATION WEEKEND, DAY TWO

After spending a good bit of the morning in bed with De'Andre (the two of us unashamedly enjoying endless passions that I dare not speak out loud), the two of us were currently with Uncle Donnie and Mr. Thompson (the two of them also feeling some type of way towards each other) alongside Hector, Wyatt, and Mario in the spacious and clean fitness room burning calories and undergoing strength training. "So, how are you guys faring with being Sons of Joneus with the rest of us," Hector asked after a bit of chit-chat and small talk.

I slowed my pace on the elliptical machine, turning to the Hispanic young man who was at the bench-press station. "Honestly, it's still a bit to take in, especially when it comes to learning that my parents were Guardians and working with Mr. Westley," I commented. "I could've been angry at them for keeping this secret from me, but I understand that my late grandparents alongside Kenya's would do anything and everything to keep this from me. And I definitely understand her motives with her making my life a living hell."

"Definitely," De'Andre, who was at the treadmills alongside his dad with neither of them breaking a sweat, agreed as he nodded his head. "Who could say what she could've done before we all knew of what was going on? If I could bet trillions to toothpaste, I could bet that she could've killed you and your uncle, Vion, before coming after me and Dad- all to make sure that we'd stay blind to the truths."

"And even if we were out of the picture, she might've done the same thing to some other poor guy- tearing down his self-esteem and making him her chew toy before having him killed," Mr. Thompson added. "She'd might've kept at it for who knows how long."

"But like they say, what was done in the dark and said in whispers would soon be brought to the light and shouted out loud from the rooftops," Uncle Donnie, who was now the epitome of a college student as he was at the abdominal machines, commented as Brian and Wyatt nodded in assent. "Kenya's bound to get hers one day, especially with the shooting. I only pray that we can do our part with being Sons of Joneus and John Dandy Boys and Men to bring an end to this extremist values once and for all."

"We will and we shall," Brian commented as he and Wyatt finished their calisthenics exercises. "Mr. Booker, my dad and I believe that you, Vion, and the Thompsons are going to be perfect members of our brotherhood. And there's a lot of possibilities and responsibilities available once you fully let go of those inhibitions. There is nothing impossible that you can't do once you start embrace the Joneus Nexus. Live it. Breathe it. Believe in it, sir. Believe in yourselves."

"Well said, son," came the voice of Mr. Westley as he, in his casual blues, came into the room. "The bond that we share as Joneus and John Dandy men is something that is set in stone once one's fate is intertwined with us by the stars. Trust in it. Trust yourselves."

I nodded. "We will, Mr. Westley," I promised him.

"Vion, feel free to call me Broderick since we're now brothers in arms. Formality is mainly reserved for the public image. But once we're here, you're free to see me as a fellow Son of Joneus."

De'Andre and I shared a look. "All right."

"Good. Now, the main reason that I'm here is to let you know that Miss Newman and her family are on their way to see you guys. And with them being a few of our trusted Guardians to keep our secrets out of the public eye, it'll be more important to talk with them. They're soon to arrive in thirty minutes, so freshen up and meet us at the parlor in the main wing."

"Cool," De'Andre commented, smiling faintly. "Talia and her parents are cool people, more so since they and Kenya's parents helped Vion out a few times. How does a wicked-hearted young woman come from a good family, I'd like to know?"