Chapter Fifty-Four

Vion's POV

One week later...

The Daily Siren/Houlton Post

Farewell, Nathan Bavier, and a Call to Arms

My fellow residents of Stonehaven Pointe and to my classmates and staff members of Trotter's Ridge High School, tragedy has struck this town once again. This time, the life of Nathan Bavier- the same one who once allied himself with Kenya Halliday before deciding to join our ranks as an ally- was cut short by the femme-fatale in question with help from the insane and demented young man who was the fallen's cousin.

The young man himself is known as Robert Beckham, the same one who tried to discredit our all-male organizations as well as pranked Superintendent Westley during a pep rally at one point.

Now that the two teens have allied themselves to enact their revenge, the time has come to fully begin the games of the Masquerade. I once said that I would not allow anyone to derogate or tarnish this town's good social standing when it comes to people like Beckham and Halliday. And I, the editor-in-chief and head writer for the paper and my personal blog, intend to keep that same promise even today as their Road to Revenge is set to take place in days' time. Make no mistake that all of the police officers who were affected by the coffee that was laced with the sleeping drug which allowed Beckham to break Halliday out of prison are not at fault. They were as much as victims as Nathan and Bay'Vion were. The perpetrators involved are the main ones at fault.

So I am calling a gathering of my own- a revolution to show these two that we will not be silenced or forced to stand down so easily as they hoped that we will be. We intend to show them that we will not back down from their wiles or let anyone else fall victim to their hands of bloodshed. Robby Beckham and Kenya Halliday, you two are now on a new blacklist- the BlackBalled of Stonehaven List. They say that hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. Well, that will pale in comparison of the scorn that you've earned from this town.

As for the family of the late Nathan Bavier, know that you have my deepest sympathies. This town and this school mourns with you as we lay him to rest. I vow that Nathan's death will not be in vain as we stand together and ensure that his killers will be brought to justice. Nathan Bavier, you only came to town and stayed for a week. And though your debut was rocky, you showed us that even those who are repentant can be given a second chance. Rest in power, friend. See you in the morning and make sure to be friends with Vion for me until we're called home.

Nathan Bavier
200X-20XX
Gone but Never Forgotten

***********************

The town cemetery...

Tears were shed as a good bit of the townspeople came together to say a final farewell to Nathan Bavier, his despondent parents and various relatives coming together to lay the teenager to rest while demanding the arrest of Robby Beckham, the original blacklisted teenager who tried to discredit my brotherhood and expose us as frauds before I arrived. And as I (disguised as the same Hindi teenager from the beautillion) paid my respects and became one of the pallbearers, I knew that my aunt was indeed in danger of crossing the demented teenager's paths as well as Kenya's since she was now on the prowl to take us down.

"Earth to Earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust..." Intoned the minister as the funeral directors placed three roses on the teenager's casket.

Kenya was definitely playing with fire with her campaign to kill anyone and everyone who believed that her actions of genocide and murder were heinous and worthy of prison time. And she would make sure that all who got in her way were eliminated as well. Now that she and Beckham were in cahoots to expose me and my brotherhood, there was no telling what might happen.