Chapter Forty: Rekindling Sparks

(A/N: Oh, you've made it! Here, have a nice cup of apple juice, the journey must've been a little tiresome, no? Welcome to the next chapter! Before you begin, I would like to give a very special thank you to Dan0n5 for the character Dan that you'll see here and further on down the road, and the awesome edit they made that's in the banner for everyone who wishes to partake in the revenge for Natsuki after Monika's meanness last chapter! [She will be having a stern 'talking' to, don't you worry!]

Lil' warning: This chapter should be the last super long one you'll see in a bit! [Fingers crossed XD]. As the final boss battle, this chapter is 25 thousand words long, so please remember to take your time, regularly take breaks, and stay hydrated! Thanks everyone for reading and have an awesome day/night! -AJ :D)

Natsuki and I get to our classroom a little later than I would've liked, but we're here nonetheless and not late, so I shouldn't complain. It feels weird being surrounded by so many people again after today; and seeing them so unbothered. I guess that's good for distracting my thoughts, but it still doesn't make me feel any better about anything. The two of us take a seat at our desks, and I force myself to ignore the two empty ones in our row and the teacher that walks in. Even if it's just for legal matters, it feels really awkward all of a sudden to know they were there in that meeting this morning.

I open my bag and start to take out my notebook.

Even so, teaching isn't going to just happen by itself. And we don't exactly have anywhere else we can go if we leave this place. Especially not back home anymore..

"Well, would you look at who decided to show up?" There's no mistaking the annoying high pitched voice and the intense annoyance I feel in every muscle as Sasha. I look up from my desk to find her standing behind her desk, both Megan and Patrisha moving to their own seats. "I thought you wouldn't be able to show your face after the cafe, but I guess you wouldn't have much to lose when you're already at zero."

Clearly whatever her plan is (Although that's becoming increasingly more obvious,) works. I'm not sure if us just leaving the cafe without saying anything is that huge of a deal, but if Sasha was able to talk to Oliver and the other guys and make them think something..

I blink as Sasha's suddenly filling my vision, an annoyed glint in her eyes as she snaps in front of me. "Are you listening? Geez, what's the point of wasting my breath if you're too dumb to understand what I'm saying?"

I force myself to lean back on my chair, trying to look down at the table so I can sort of forget she's here. "Go away, Sasha. We're not in the mood."

"Clearly." I hear her finally lean back, and out of my peripheral notice her looking around the room for a moment before glancing back at us. "Where's Sayori and the other one? Are they also not in the mood?"

There's a sudden slam next to me. Natsuki has both her hands planted on her desk, staring directly at the blond in front of her. "Her name's Yuri."

"As if I have the brain space to waste it on something that forgettable."

"As if you have brain space at all!"

The girl suddenly half-laughs and half-scoffs, and I can't find it in myself to stop Natsuki from yelling. Sasha clearly finds enjoyment in it though, as she places a hand on her waist and feigns a familiar look of surprise. "Geez, Natsuki. That's pretty rude. I would watch your tongue if I were you, especially since it got you kicked out of the cafe."

Wait, what? "We're.. Kicked out?"

Sasha turns to face me with a small smirk, shrugging nonchalantly as if it doesn't matter to her. I guess it technically doesn't. "Well, you certainly aren't going to be welcomed there anymore. I'd stay away, if I were you. Just some advice."