Chapter Fifteen: Unseen Memories

After a few minutes of continuous walking, we reach an area with thicker trees and higher blades of grass.

The sky is becoming darker due to it turning to night and how large the leaves are on trees. Even so, we could see just fine, fine enough to notice Honey stop and stand in front of a pile of sticks and mud to create a small like tent.

"Is this where he lives?" I ask, motioning to the tent like home.

Honey nods. "Yup. Though, he hasn't come out in a while.." His voice trails as he stands up straighter and raises his voice. "GoldenBlaze! GoldenBlaze, get your laze horse butt out of there!"

"Aah!" Sayori squeals in surprise.

"Don't worry, it's fine." I say, "He's just calling for someone."

"Oh.. Okay.." Sayori sighed in relief, yet Natsuki still looks sceptical.

I guess I shouldn't blame her, you usually don't  make friends with a giant bear. There's no response however, back in the tent.

Grunting in annoyance, Honey turned to me. "Can you call for him? It's worth a shot to see if he thinks you're your mothers voice."

"U-Uhm, sure, if you want." This is going to be strange, but I have to do it anyways. "GoldenBlaze?"

I nearly jump as the ground shakes, and out from the tent a large body of a horse with a golden mane raced out, looking around. "Yes miss?"

I take a second to notice him. He's large and a powerful horse, his mane a bright golden coloured while his fur was a light white. Because he's wild, his fur is long and some hang over his hooves, but is otherwise clean.

Once he realizes that it wasn't my mother who called him, he dropped his ears and head. "Oh. Honey. What do you want?"

"That's one way to greet an old friend of yours." Honey says sarcastically.

The horse seems unfazed by the joke. "What do you want?"

The bear sighs and gestures to me with one of his paws. "I just wanted to bring someone to you."

"Who-" He stops as his eyes land on me. I awkwardly stare back at him, waiting for any reaction.

He tilts his head, puzzled for a moment before looking back at Honey. "Why does she look a lot like..?"

"Because she's her daughter," Honey announced proudly.

I nearly stumble back at he glares once again at me before immediately jumping and kicking the air with his two front legs, running around a small section of the land excitedly.

I see what Honey meant as wild then.

He quickly returns, trotting in place. "Oh! Oh! I carried you!"

"Carried me?" I ask, confused. That wording is strange..

"Yeah! Your mother was having you and needed a way to get out of the forest, so I ran as fast as I could so she could poop you out with your father!"

"Uhm, t-that's not exactly how humans-"

Ignoring me, GoldenBlaze excitedly continued, "I mean, I basically saved you! You wouldn't be alive without me."

"...Right.. Thank you.."

Honey grunted in annoyance. "Actually, I was the one who always watched over her when she-"

"Yeah, yeah," GoldenBlaze laughs, shaking his head. "But oh, your mother was awesome. Your father.. Not so much."

What? What did my father do? "What?"