Chapter Twenty-Nine: Paws and Ears

I was somehow able to fall asleep after that mess of the dream, but as I slowly wake up, I feel like I'm being tugged at or crushed by something. Whatever it is, it's warm, but it's large.

I open my eyes. The morning light once again peers through the window to provide light into the dorm. What in the..?

Where am I?

Theres a giant room ahead, and a sea of some kind of really long and large blanket. The walls are long and big, and so is the door and window.

As I look around, I realize that this is our dorm, it's just so big..?

"Pfft- Ahaha~"

What?

I move my forearms up and off my side, resting them on the bar that held me tight. I glance down at the bar and realize I- Oh.

How did I transform into my fox sleeping? I woke up from the repeating dream human, and now I wake up like this?

I glance down at the bar once again. It's large, and it's holding me tight against something. Wait-

I look up and to my right to see Sayori's sleeping face, her arm holding me and pressing me against her chest and by her cheek. She mutters in her sleep before resting, adjusting her arm so she's more comfortable.

...

"Ahahahaha~"

I feel my ears pressing against my head as I glance away, embarrassed. Does she even know what she's doing?

I didn't realize it was possible to get closer to someone who you sleep right next to, but I guess that proves me wrong.

"S-Sayori.."

Sayori stays asleep, pressing her cheek deeper into my fur.

I can't handle this! I feel like I'm going to die because of how fast my heart is pounding right now!

"Ehehehe~"

Shut up! Can you help?

"No~ This is your problem."

...

Maybe I can re-transform. How do I..?

I shut my eyes, trying my best to focus on becoming human again.

But I can't exactly focus right now because of how close Sayori is to me. How did this even happen? And why in the morning?

But, if I ignore myself freaking out, this feels nice. I mean, being in this form is relaxing, and being this close to Sayori is warm. I'm not sure if the warmth is coming from her body heat or me, but it's comfortable.

And it feels nice being protected for once. Even if Sayori doesn't know it.

Plus.. It's still early in the morning and we're both still tired. I wouldn't want to wake Sayori up, you know?

And.. It's not like.. Like I mind being this close to her anyways...

I mean, how can you not fall asleep while being this comfortable...?

So, it's okay if I just.. Rest.. For a bit..

...

...

I jerk my eyes open.

Nope, nope, nope! Not doing that! Sayori and I need to head out for school, even if we may not have the cafe early in the morning, we still have stuff to do.