Chapter Twelve: Instead Of Him, Pick Me

Half an hour later and the cafe is emptied, Ace and Oliver both staking chairs while Jess and Yuri assorted the money collected for today.

Natsuki walks out of the kitchen and sighs. "I didn't expect that many dishes."

I can't help but laugh. "I can't believe you made all the food yourself! Did you enjoy it?"

"Making the food?" Natsuki asks. "Absolutely! Cleaning up? No thanks."

I laugh even more, and suddenly notice Sayori walking out of the bathroom. She was changed back into her school uniform, holding the waitress outfit in her arms.

I'm about to approach her before I hesitate and flinch. Adrien raced up to her.

"So? Did you like it?" Adrien asked.

Sayori nodded ecstatically, holding out the folded uniform. "It was amazing! It was so comfortable and looked really cute, heck, it even had pockets!"

Adrien laughs, but kept his hands by his sides. "I'm really glad you think so, I worked hard on it. And you keep it, it's yours after all."

Sayori blinks, shocked. "R-Really?"

Adrien nods. "Yeah! I didn't make this for me to wear!"

Sayori laughs and wraps her arms around him. "Ooh~ Thank you!"

"Monika!?"

"Huh? What?" I glance back to notice Natsuki looking up at me, a cold expression in her eyes as she crosses her arms.

"Are you okay?" She asks, curving her eye brows.

"Y-Yeah, of course." I say, smiling in embarrassment. "Sorry~"

"Hmm.." Natsuki keeps her eyes not me, making me fidget. She then sighs and shakes her head, "Okay, whatever."

"Hey, guys, check this out!" Jess calls from the counter, beside Yuri.

"Yeah?" Oliver asked, and we all huddle up beside him.

"Guess what total we made today?" Jess asked.

Adrien pauses. "Uh.. 100?"

Jess shakes his head. "Higher."

"What?!" Sayori gasps. "Higher than 100?"

"100.1?" Oliver asks, smirking.

Jess scoffs. "Very funny."

"What is it?" Ace asked impatiently. "How much money did we make?"

"Including the tips and reviews.." Jess pauses for some what of a dramatic effect before continuing. "300.21!"

"No way!" Oliver yells as we all gasp of exclaim in excitement.

"In just one day?" I ask, earning a smile from Jess.

Sayori jumps, raising her hands in the air. "Yeah!! We're so cool!"

We all laugh, talking excitedly about the success of the first day. Maybe we really can make this cafe work. I hope we can, but feeling doesn't go away.

If Oliver thinks Adrien likes Sayori, then why should I be upset about that?

I'm..

I'm not Sayori. I can't control her.

But yet I..

"Hey, Monika?"

I turn around behind me, "Yeah, Say—.."

Oliver's blue eyes are curious as they land on me, and I shake my head and sigh.

Did I really want Sayori to be the one to call for me?