Chapter Twenty-Eight: Transformations

"Okay, so we know that each of you can transform into a different form. That might mean in your transformation, your magic is stronger."

Yeah, probably.

"So that means in order to be strong, you must be transformed."

You want us to transform?

"Without going crazy, yes."

But how? I think I transformed because of the meat, Natsuki got mad and she transformed, Yuri just did it because it was really windy that one day and Sayori transforms every time she touches water.

"Uh.. Well.. You, Yuri, and Natsuki all need to try and transform on your own, and maybe try and see if Sayori can touch water without transforming?"

Okay..

"Alright, ES is helping us train." I explain. I then gesture to Sayori, "Sayori, you have to try and touch water without transforming while the three of us have to try and transform on our own."

Sayori giggles, standing up. "That's a lot of transformation!"

Natsuki smirked. "You go first, Sayo."

Sayori nodded, walking a few paces forward and to the river. We watch from the ground behind her. She takes off her shoes and places them on the side so they don't get wet.

Taking a deep breath, she marches forward into the shallow water. We all watch curiously.

"Okay, don't become a mermaid. Don't become a mermaid. Don't become a mermaid.." She suddenly turns around to face us, a grin on her face. "Guys, I think it's working—"

It wasn't working, as Sayori lost her balance and fell into the shallow water, the glowing fading and revealing a shaken up and startled mermaid.

Natsuki burst out laughing, whipping her tears away. "Ahahaha- Nice try! Ahahaha!"

Sayori glanced behind her and at Natsuki sourly. "Hey, meanie!" She lifts her scaled tail and sends it straight into the water, splashing water on Natsuki.

The pinkette stopped laughing as she got wet. "Ow! Sayori! What's your problem!?"

Sayori giggled from in the water, playfully sticking her tongue out.

"Ten seconds." Yuri says quietly.

I turn to face her. "Hmm?"

"Ten seconds after touching water until Sayori transforms." Yuri answered.

I nod contently. "Good counting~"

"Okay, so that didn't.. Uh, work."

You think?

"Well it doesn't matter. You three still have to try."

"Well you know what?" Natsuki asks. "I'm gonna transform."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Natsuki nods pridefully, and closes her eyes, ignoring Sayori. "I can do it."

"Should we be trying as well?" Yuri asked quietly, slightly confused and worried.

I nod. "Yeah. Might as well."

"So... How are we supposed to do this?" Natsuki questions uncertainly.

Yeah, how do we do this?

"Easy. You just.. Uh.. You just concentrate on your form and Element. Be one with your Element, is what I always say."