Chapter Thirty-Four: Seen Memories

The sun began to shine down brighter onto the tall strings of grass as the trees began to get thinner. It was an unfamiliar direction that we had never ventured into in the forest before.

I guess I didn't really think of exploring more of the place we'd be living in. I mean, I am the Earth Guardian, shouldn't I be familiar with the forest by now?

I shake my head slightly.

No way. We could get seriously lost in there.

I could have RedStripe follow us and ask him for help if we do get lost, but I wouldn't want to be wasting his time.

Ah, why am I thinking about this?

I focus once again on the conversation our group was having, and as well as where we are in the woods.

"And then you came." Sayori's voice connects me back into reality further. It seems like she finished the end of our recap.

Mrs. Smith, clearly taking our hearty explanation deep into thought, nods slowly. "I.. I see.."

"Yeah, you kinda missed a lot." Natsuki rolls her eyes in annoyance.

The older woman sighed, getting slightly agitated. "I explained that I was working on things."

Natsuki raises an eyebrow. "And what are those things, exactly?"

"See for yourself." I realize that we were walking towards two large trees that stood beside each other, their branches sticking out with giant leaves on them to block a small path.

Mrs. Smith steps forward in front of us to push the two leaves and branches aside, allowing us to follow her through the small pathway the trees provided and into a more opened area.

I widen my eyes at the spot that is revealed to us, and I hear ES give a soft gasp. "Wow.."

The area is like another clearing, all the trees surrounding the area on one side, leading into another part of the forest. The area is quite large, with a few small hills and one large one that had flowers and long grass blades growing on it.

On the opposite side of the forest in the back, there was a large ragged stoned-in mountain, that held a dark cave and a beside it; a large waterfall that dropped into a small stream that flowed through the area.

The area, along with the water and even the stone from the mountain seemed to shine from the sun, as there were no trees huddled close together to block out its light.

As my eyes scan the area, I notice a small cabin, maybe even a wooden garage near the entrance to the forest. It seems like it was built out of wood because of how nicely the structure of the building was. The wood even seemed clean and smooth; it must've taken a while for someone to build this themselves.

I glance back at Mrs. Smith, who is smiling at our awe. Is this where she's been all this time?

I slowly let myself become used to the magical glow the sun provides on everything before turning back at the older woman beside me. "Wow. This place is incredible."

Sayori vigorously nods in agreement, her eyes wide with wonder. "Yeah! How did you find this place?"

"Just done wondering around. I have been in these woods for years." She glanced up at the sky with a soft smile. "I chose this place because even though the sky is visible, it's away from where any human would normally wander, and the trees and mountain acts like a barrier."

I never realized it, but the trees from the back of the forest, the waterfall, and the sites of the mountain are tall enough to act like a fence or something.