Chapter Sixteen: Too Much In One Night

I didn't realize how dark it had become until we left the forest and entered the campus. We probably missed dinner, not like I was ever hungry in the first place.

We walked through the path of pink leaves trees, but they didn't look as pretty anymore. They were simply standing there. Doing nothing. Only showing off their leaves to soon be left with none.

The lobby was also empty, the few students that lingered were headed to the dorms as they had just finished eating.

We trailed behind them to the dorms, walking up some stairs and turning down into a red carpeted hallway.

After we reached Sayori's and my dorm, Sayori unlocked it and we all walked inside. I tiredly took a seat on top of one of the beds while the three others stood informer curiously.

"So? What happened?" Sayori asked curiously.

Where do I even start?

"Well.. Uhm, the bear's name is Honey, and he's one of the elders of the bears. My mother apparently gave one animal from each species the power to stay alive longer so they can know things about her if needed."

"Ooh!" Sayori gasped. "That's cool!"

"So, wait, your mom can do magic?" Natsuki asks.

I nod shakily. What's the point in talking about this? She's probably dying with now. "Yeah, uh, she was the Goddess of.. I don't know, the forest or something."

"Sweet." Natsuki chuckled. "Too bad she doesn't have fire control. I mean, fire's pretty lit. Get it?"

Sayori giggled. "Yeah, lit! Because it lights up.. Oh, yeah!"

I have to focus on breathing to relax myself. Fire's the thing that destroyed everything. It's not something to be proud about.

Ignoring it, I continue. "The horse was mother's favourite, and is probably also an elder of the horses. His name GoldenBlaze."

"Ahaha, he seemed like a fun horse!" Sayori giggled, her smile wide.

"Y-Yeah, he was talking about how my father was horrible at ridding him."

Natsuki smirked. "Ooh, do tell."

And so I recited his comedic act. It hurt to know I won't ever see him, now know him. But I kept going, watching the girls laugh at GoldenBlaze's story.

And then it was finished.

"Ahaha, your dad's such a dork!" Natsuki laughed.

Yeah.. A dead dork.

"But what's wrong?" Sayori asked suddenly, catching me off-guard.

I glance up at her. "What do you mean?"

"You don't seem happy like before." Sayori explained. She noticed?

"Yes, you seemed down later on," Yuri added quietly.

I should just.. Get this over with. No point beating around the bush with something like this.

And so I explained the story once again. But this time it didn't cause laughs, it caused eyes of sorrow. Re-stating what I heard hurt, especially hearing it come from myself.

But it was over as soon as it started. I had no idea that silence could've hurt this much, or sounded this loud.

The three girls in front just stare sadly at me, unsure of the story was real. But they really knew it was real. They just hoped in wasn't.

I.. I can't do this.

I can't keep watching them knowing that I made them sad like this..