Chapter Twenty-Five: History

We decided to skip breakfast and head straight to the library for a few minutes that we could spare before we had to head to the cafe.

Now that I think about it, we skip breakfast a lot. I suppose it doesn't matter much since we're used to not eating all three meals a day, but this probably isn't healthy.

But when the world probably depends on you to survive, skipping a meal is the least of your worries. I had told the girls about what happened last night to keep them up to date on the walk.

We enter the quiet library, where once again there was no one inside. Mrs. Lilia must be in the back as the door was unlocked and her office lights are on.

We make our way to the back of the library.

"Are you sure that they're not a vision or something?" Natsuki asks, adjusting her red clip that was placed on her bangs. "You've been getting then a lot."

I nod. "I know, but I really don't think it's anything to really be worried about."

"Dreams usually have some meaning behind them," Yuri says quietly, her gaze thoughtful. "If they're repeating, you must have some kind of unresolved problem that you haven't fixed yet."

"Unresolved problem?"

The taller girl quickly fiddles with a strand of her hair. "I-I mean, I could be wrong, but that's what it usually means.."

Natsuki reaches the book first and pulls it, allowing the two bookshelves to part and reveal the wooden door. We wait as the machine that moves the bookshelves click and hiss to finish parting the two bookshelves.

Yuri's words got me thinking a little. What unresolved problem would I have?

Am I scared of gaps in the ground or something?

"So why are we here again?" Natsuki asked as she opened the door that led into the secret room. The moment she stepped in, the lights flickered on. We follow closely behind her.

"I guess I'm just looking for answers." I admit. I immediately make my way to the large podium near the centre-front of the room, where the large book laid.

It looks the same as when I last checked it, which was a few days ago.

The Incomplete History Of Our History.

I still have no idea what this means.

"Oh, I think I've seen this book before.."

What? You have?

"Yeah... I think? Open it up."

I quickly do as ES says and flip the book to the first page. It's less dusty from my use of it a few days ago, but the pages are still tonite good, and the print is still faded. Instinctively, I slightly mutter the words aloud.

"The universe was made empty, nothing inside or out. Being lonely, it created four essences. They were given powers... Strong... They created what is called creation. One original planet, but many different versions; realities."

"You said that there's some kind of spirit in your head, right?" Sayori asks. She's much closer then I thought she would be, I didn't even think she was listening to me.

I nod. "Yeah."

"Do you think that she might be one of the four 'Essences'?" She asks curiously.

"I'm flattered you think that, but I doubt it. Remember, I was sent to find you,'Monika. Someone with a higher authority sent me. And you can't get much higher then being the creatures who made the universe."