Chapter Thirty: Being Smug

Natsuki slammed the her metal locker door shut, glaring at both Yuri and me after we got interrogated for our reason of being late.

"So that's it? You guys were just training?" She repeats.

I nod. "Yes, that's all. We just.. Forgot."

"Well you have to remember you have a life here too you know!" Natsuki crosses her arms.

Yuri chuckled. "Wow, never in a million years would I think that you would be the one to lecture us."

"Heh, yeah-" Natsuki stops herself as she suddenly glares at Yuri. "Wait, what's that supposed to mean? I can be mature!"

Sayori giggles, skipping backwards. "You're like the least mature one here!"

"Says you! You're like a walking five year old!"

"Meanie!"

I laugh, and the four of us start to walk out of the locker room and into the schools hallway. "I guess we'll see you in a few hours," I say, glancing at the pinkette.

The smaller girl looks up and nods. "Yeah, tell me if you guys hire anyone after."

"Are excited for your first day at football practice?" Sayori asks curiously, her eyes scanning the classroom doors.

Natsuki laughs. "It's gonna be awesome!"

"You're lucky that they're giving you a chance." I respond. "I mean, it's called the 'boys' football team for a reason."

"Yeah, yeah," Natsuki stops in front of her classroom door. "I'll be careful and whatever. See you guys later!"

She turns around and walks in the classroom, slightly excited. Yuri sighs and shakes her head, "I'll see you two later."

"Alright, bye Yuri!" Sayori exclaims, waving.

"Remember to meet us at the cafe," I say. She nods in acknowledgment and walks into the classroom, joining Natsuki.

I turn around to face Sayori, "Ready for math?"

Sayori's smile immediately drops as we begin walking to our class, dragging her feet against the floor reluctantly. "I don't wanna do it." She whines.

"It's not that bad."

"For you maybe!" Sayori exclaims. "You know things! I don't!"

I laugh. "If you're really having trouble, I can help you."

Sayori turns around to face me, her eyes widened in excitement. "Really?"

I already help her with homework after school, but if she wants be to help her in class, I don't mind. "Y-Yeah, if you want."

"Thank you!" Sayori laughs before grabbing into my wrist and running down the hallway, pulling me behind her.

"Ah-!"

"Come on!" She laughs, skipping down the hallway. "I wanna get to class!"

Oliver leans against the counter, holding a yellow folder filled with papers. The rest of us are seated at a table in front of him, listening to him intently.

"Okay, so here's how it's gonna go." Oliver starts. "Thanks to Jess and Yuri, I was able to get in contact with everyone who wants to have an interview."

Jess crosses his arms. "What would you do without us?"

Oliver chuckled, "They'll be coming in at different times, so we're not flooded with people and questions. Also, in around 20 minutes, one of our food suppliers will be coming in to talk about the delivery and stuff, so Adrien and Jess will take care of that." He pauses before shrugging. "Yeah. That's it. Any questions."