Chapter Seven: Helpers

"Okay, here's the plan." At a large and round table in the small cafe, Oliver slammed down a computer and a stack of hard printer paper. "In order to get money, we need customers. And in order to get customers, we need to make ourselves known."

Natsuki crossed her arms. "Yeah, no crap, Sherlock."

I glare at Natsuki, trying to hide my smile of amusement as Oliver discards her comment. "Adrien, you already set up with how to do everything with Sayori, right?"

I glance as Sayori, who smiles excitedly and nods, along with Adrien who I notice seconds after.

It was the end of the school day, and as workers of the cafe, we came to actually work on it. I'm still feeling tired, but if I occupy myself enough with all this work, it'll numb the small pain.

"So, I was thinking we could make posters and flyers." Oliver says. He then takes out a pencil and take a piece of paper from the pile. "Any ideas?"

"Actually," Jess raises his hand to get the attention of Oliver. "Yuri and I made a rough draft of a flyer yesterday."

Oliver blinks in surprise. "Oh, did you?"

Yuri looks down at the floor shyly while Jess nods. "Yeah, I put it on a small USB stick." Reaching into his bag, he pulls out a USB and hands it to the blond haired boy. Oliver proceeds to plug it into his computer.

I lean closer to him to get a better look at what pops up in his screen, the others soon curiously huddling around us. The poster is flashy, bright colours and words to advertise a cafe, along with emphasizing on the point that there will be live music.

I'm not surprised about how well spaced everything is, Yuri always had a great talent for art and catching your attention, stuff like that. I'm surprised that she worked with Jess on it. I thought she might've been hesitant about working with another person, especially a boy she's only known for a few days, close to a week.

Nevertheless, I'm proud of her.

Sayori gasps. "Wow! This looks great, guys!"

Jess stood still, his face blank, almost emotionless. "Yeah, thanks I suppose."

Ace walked over to Jess, nudging him. "Hey, don't be so modest, will ya?"

"This'll work great guys." Oliver smiled widely. "Thank you both. Ill print a lot of these out, and in different sizes."

Adrien picked up the stack of paper. "Here, let me help." Oliver nodded his thanks as he picked up his own white laptop, and the two walked back and around the counter and into the office.

Ace then stood up taller, his smirk wider. "Me an' Cupcake, along with Sayori and Adrien, maybe Oliver too can help advertise and hand out fliers. You three can put them on walls and stuff."

"Who made you in charge?" Jess asked coldly.

Ace narrowed his golden eyes at the black haired boy. "Who said you could talk back at me?"

"Okay..!" Sayori steps in the middle of the two boys, sensing their tension. She really hates fights. "I think it's fine for Ace to make suggestions!"

Ace gestured towards Sayori. "See, thank you."

"Yeah, a suggestion." Jess growls. "Doesn't mean that we're doing what you're saying."

Sayori looked up at both of them. "Well, do you have any problems with his suggestion?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact." Jess stated. "I think it's time consuming sending all of us out there to advertise. I'm staying back to finish paperwork and get ready for tomorrow if anyone even does shows up."