Chapter Twenty-Six: One Server Serving Many Dishes

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

"Look, I know you don't want to talk to me right now-"

Of course I want to talk to you! I'm just confused on why you never told us you wrote in that book?

"I didn't think it was important-"

...

"-Okay, yeah. I guess it was kinda important."

Glad we can agree on that.

"Look, Monika, I don't even know why I wanted to write what I wrote. It's like a surge of power just came through me and wanted to make up that part of the story."

But it can't be made up then. Whatever that is, it has to mean something.

"We've already agreed that all four Elements are in the war, what else is there to talk about?"

Uh, a lot! What's a Pocket? And where did the Original Guardians go? And what's up with that last line?

"Okay, okay! I get it, you're confused, and so am I, but I only know as much as you do."

..Sorry.

"And, besides, aren't you supposed to be doing.. Ugh, what did you call it again..? School.. Work..? Was it school?"

Yeah.. It's school work.

I dejectedly look around the library at the tables filled with students studying or working on work. Oliver and I are still working on that history project, and he's done a lot more then I have.

A lot more. I only just realize how many notes he's taken while I've been distracted thinking about what we saw this morning.

The class period was almost over so we could go back to the cafe during lunch, but so far, this whole day has just been confusing.

How's a girl supposed to concentrate on school work when something crazy seems to be happening every day?

I've ran through all the possible scenarios for what ES 'wrote' in my head that I can think of, and I'm not getting anywhere.

"You're really not."

You aren't either.

"...Fair play."

I shake my head and return my gaze to the open textbook. I just need to focus, and everything will be fine.

I hope.

"And I've been thinking over~"

Today's school day was probably the longest I've been in. Not only did questions to what the book now says distract me, but there's still the whole thing with the repeating dream and how it didn't repeat last night.