Chapter Twenty-Four: Life Is Like A Dream

The night was hard for Sayori to fall asleep.

At least I would've thought it would have been. But the moment I laid next to her, she passed out. Like she needed time to reset. Which I understood completely.

It's just, when I fell asleep.. I ended up here.

Or should I say, back here?

I thought the forest dream was done and gone when I didn't get it yesterday, but that doesn't seem like the case as I am once again running through it, unable to stop.

I look behind me, and notice even more animals following behind.

No, no, no, no. How can I tell them to stop?

I mean, I can technically talk and understand animals so..

While still running forward I turn my head to glance at the creature a few feet away. The ones at the front are small rabbits and brown furred wolves, along with a bear that looks similar to Honey.

"Hey! Stop running!" My yelling is making me lose my breath faster than I thought it would. "Honey? GoldenBlaze? RedStripe? Anyone? Stop running!"

The bear lifted its head, its large paws shaking the uneven grassy ground as it soon levelled out as we were close to the edge of the forest.

"Yes! Stop! Running! Slow down! Don't follow me!"

But even though the bear had looked around curiously, some of the rabbits sniffing the air, they continued to run.

Can they not hear me? I need to stop running!

I turn my head back to the front, only to realize that the trees were becoming thinner and the forest was soon coming to an end. I don't have much time, but I just can't stop!

"The heck is this?!"

What.. Wait.. That.. That wasn't..

"ES? Earth Spirit? Is that you?"

"Oh, good Monika. I was worried I was alone. What's going on? Is this your dream?"

"Why are you here?!" I yell, confused, worried, and slightly annoyed that I'd have to deal with her inside of my dreams too.

"I'm kind of connected to you, I share your dreams." The female voice explains. "Also, why are there a bunch of animals behind you?"

The lines of tress finally ended and we ran onto the straight land, the cliff and large gap in sight.

"I don't know?! I've been having this dream on repeat for days!"

"Days?!"

"Well, only two or three, but they won't stop! I can't stop running and the animals keep following me, and the cliff-"

"Monika! There's a giant ravine coming up! Stop running!"

"I am fully aware."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL RUNNING?!"

I place my hands over my ears to try and mute some of the yelling that ES produced, without much success. "I just told you, I can't stop running!"

"What?!"

"I know!" I yell in agony. "But how did you even get here? And what do you mean by you are connected with me?"

"I don't understand it most myself. I know I was sent to find you, and maybe related to your soul, but that's all I know."