Chapter Thirty-Two: Homework Spells

"So, what'd he say?" Natsuki asked as I joined the group of girls that waited by another soft clearing in the forest.

"Was he mad?" Sayori asked worriedly, upset that she had done something wrong.

"Uhm.. No... He wasn't mad." I respond as the four of us slowly walk away from the clearing. "He just wanted to know what happened, and I explained it to him."

"Good." Natsuki crosses her arms, she and Sayori were the only ones here who weren't soaked with water. "It was an accident. Plus, it's just water left now. It'll dry."

Sayori nods. "Yeah! Also, I'm really sorry-"

"Sayori, it's fine." Natsuki responded quickly, a small smile on her face. "You were just fixing my mess."

"But are you sure he wasn't mad?" Sayori continues to worry, glancing over at me.

I nod, glancing down. "Yup! I'm actually surprised by how calm he was.."

Sayori brightens up in relief, a small skip in her step as we walk through the slightly darkened forest. "Yay! That's good!"

"Why are you doing this?"

What?

"You're lying to them. Why?"

It wouldn't make a difference if I told the truth.

"Monika, I had to deal with that loud horse yelling at us- no you, for ten minutes straight! My ears, are burning!"

You don't even have ears.

"Well, I'm still burning!"

Stop being over dramatic, it wasn't that bad.

"And then he's gonna go and tell Honey, and he's a freaking bear. I wonder how loud his yells are going to be."

ES, it wasn't that bad.

"No, it was pretty bad. Have you ever been scolded by a horse before?"

No, but that's besides the point.

"Whatever."

And anyways, it was you who gave me the idea to get RedStripe to push them off.

"So go ahead and blame me, then!" ES yells sarcastically. "It was you who had the idea to train them in the first place! I was just trying to help!"

Forget it! We're not getting anywhere fighting like this.

"Alright then, let's go back." Natsuki says, marching back to our training spot.

We stop walking, Sayori staring at her nervously. "Why?"

Natsuki stops walking to turn around and face us. "So we can practice, duh."

"We can't just practice right after." I reason. "We got in trouble because of it."

"But he wasn't mad, right?" Natsuki pesters.

I sigh nervously. "N-No.."

"Then we'll be fine."

"But what if we..." Sayori trails off, hinting at what happened a few moments ago.

Natsuki crosses her arms, tilting her head. "How are we supposed to get better if we don't practice?"

"Well, we can't do it tonight." Natsuki gives me a look of dissatisfaction. "We still have to finish our homework."