Chapter Twenty-Seven: Delivery Girl

"You're delivering food? Why don't they just come and get it themselves?"

They're probably busy doing something. Or they just didn't want to see us.

"Did you want to see them?"

No, not really. I'm only doing this to ease Sayori.

"Wow, that's kind of mean, Monika."

Don't worry, they've gone and done much meaner things to us.

"Whatever you say.."

I glance down at the sticky note on the plastic bag. It's a dorm number; 242. I wonder who that dorm belongs too. Megan and Patrisha? Patrisha and Sasha? Sasha and Megan? Or just one dorm for Sasha?

It doesn't matter. As long as they don't cause any trouble, then I'll be fine.

I enter the school's campus while the sun was just starting to set, allow the sky to be a strange shade of blue while the air was starting to get colder for night. I ran past the path with the cherry blossom trees, and entered the schools lobby.

You know, this is kind of fun. It's like a mini race, except there's no one to else except the food you're supposed to deliver. And I wouldn't call the food as a competitor, so I'm by myself.

With a talking Sprit in my head.

"I can hear you, you know."

Finally, the hallway to all the dorms come into view, the dark wood of the doors and gentle lighting makes the isle seem dark, but not a frightening kind. Like a dark golden shade of yellow, or the evening glow of the sun.

The only way I know where I'm going is by watching the golden nameplates above the door.

240... The other side has 241.. And then back here is 242..

I stop in front of the door. Okay.. This is it.

Just act casual.

"You act like you're scared of them."

I'm not scared. They've just been.. Never mind.

I walk up to the door closer, pausing for a moment. There doesn't sound like there's anyone in here. But they have to be in here, the light from their dorm is seeping through the gap of the door.

I knock on the door.

....

Uhh..

"Knock again?"

I knock three times again, but this time louder.

...

I'm expecting to be forced to knock again, but the door unlocks and swings open. "Jakey, is that you—"

Sasha stops herself as she notices it's me who's at the door. She stares at me for a second before crossing her arms. "What do you want?"

I lift the plastic bag. "You ordered food?"

Sasha widens her eyes before smirking. "I didn't you know you worked there."

"Well, I do."

"Makes sense. Megan told me she saw Sayori there, and she doesn't go far without her babysitter."

"Just take it." I extend the bag, but Sasha steps back.

"Ew, don't touch me with your dirty orphan hands!"

"I wasn't-"

She turns around, "Megan, take the bag from her."

I notice the girl exiting out of the bathroom, coming up to me and taking the bag. She nearly drops to the floor in surprise of its weight. "Ugh..!"