Chapter Eighteen: Theories

Yuri let the comb brush through a strand of her violet hair softly, watching as the smaller pinkette placed her ribbons and clip on a nearby table.

"Okay.. I know we all feel crappy right now.." Natsuki began, kneeling down under a a desk and pulling out a cardboard box. "But we need to talk."

Yuri simply nodded. "What about?"

"Well, it's something important." Natsuki said while she placed the box on the table and began to open it, pulling out notebooks and clipboard and long sheets of paper.

Yuri tilted her head curiously. When did Natsuki get any of that?

Yuri watched as Natsuki opened up one of the notebooks and flipped to a certain page. Her magenta eyes flickered over the words before looking up at the taller girl.

Confidently, Natsuki stood up tall (Which didn't do much to her height,) and cleared her throat. "Ahem. I have a theory to make."

Putting the brush down on a bedside table, Yuri turned around to face Natsuki. "A theory?"

"Yes." Natsuki nodded, her eyes flicking to the book before locking them with Yuri. The taller girl fidgeted at how confident Natsuki was acting. "I have a theory.. That there is a love square with Sayori."

Yuri wasn't sure what to expect, but she knew she expected anything but that. After finding out Monika could understand animals and had lost her parents, Yuri was confused on why this was Natsuki's latest theory.

"Care to elaborate?" Yuri asked.

"Duh! That's why I did all this research!" Natsuki threw the book to the ground and quickly sh us fled through papers, only to bring a large piece of paper to the bed and laying it down.

The paper had some scribbled writings and numbers that Yuri tried to make out, but was lost on what order they came in. The middle however, held a rougher picture of four heads and lines that connected them, making it into a square.

"Okay, as you can see here, I have icons for each person." Natsuki began, pointing at one of the heads with yellow coloured spikes on its head. "This, is Oliver."

Yuri tried her best to keep a straight face and not make a joke or laugh, but nodded intently. "Adrien, Monika, and Sayori."

"Okay.."

"Adrien, Oliver, and Monika, all like Sayori."

"You mean..?"

Natsuki turns around to face Yuri. "Yes. Like like Sayori. They all have a crush on her."

Yuri couldn't handle the amount of seriousness Natsuki was giving her, so she lowered her head to hide a smile that had leaked its way out.

Natsuki seemed to notice anyways. "You think this is a joke! Ha! Be prepared to be mind blown!" Natsuki quickly raced over to the desk with all her papers on it and brought out the largest one. She placed it in the bed and over the last one.

This papers seemed messy and most used, but Yuri could notice point for notes being written and a line graph made with sharp red marker.

"I've been studying the amount of communication that the three subjects have on the main attraction, Sayori."

Yuri sighed. "You've been stalking them?"

Natsuki immediately flinched. "What? No! I was just.. I just noticed things!"

Clearing her throat, the smaller girl continued. "Anyways, it seems that if Sayori is alone, one of these three will always find their way to her, either she makes the first move or they do."

"Okay.."

Pointing to the graph, Natsuki speaks. "As you can see here, when both Adrien and Oliver interact with Sayori, Oliver's interaction goes down. That's because Adrien and Oliver made a deal."

"They did now?"

"Yes, they did!" Natsuki exclaimed, picking up the paper before tossing it carelessly into the air so she could retire her next items.

Yuri silently, moved the paper that landed and and over her head and onto the floor as Natsuki came back and put more papers on the bed.

Most of the papers were more charts, almost looking like recorded data, or notes. "I've come to a conclusion that Adrien told Oliver that he liked Sayori. But so did Oliver. So they made a deal."

Natsuki starred up at Yuri, her eyes wide as Yuri starred down. She found the girl rather.. Cute like this. Yuri internally scolded herself not to think about that, and sighed.

"What was the deal?" She asked reluctantly and Natsuki grinned.

"I'm glad you asked!" She then turned around and began to pace around the room in front of Yuri. "You see, this is where Monika comes in. You know how different she's been acting, right?"

Yuri blinked. "I-I suppose.."

"Well I have a theory that Monika may have a crush on Sayori. I mean, you noticed her fidgeting when Adrien was measuring Sayori for the cafe uniform, right?"

Yuri recalled the memory of the uncomfortable and anxious Monika. She was surprised by how calm and collective the girl could look, but her anxiety was given away as she tapped her foot on the floor nervously, her eyes priced on Sayori.

"What does that have to do with this?" Yuri asks quietly. "She was just worried about Sayori."

"You may think that, but Monika did snap. Adrien and Oliver know that Monika likes Sayori, and as a bunch of jerks that they are, they made a plan to take Sayori for themselves."

"How could they do that?"

Natsuki turned around to walk to the other side of the room and continued pacing. "Oliver let Adrien try and win Sayori's heart. But little did Oliver know.. Adrien has just stabbed him in the back! Adrien tricked Oliver to think that he would get a chance with Sayori, but instead is using this time to get Oliver and Monika way from Sayori!"

Yuri stayed silent for a moment, absolutely confused on how this theory came to place. "Do you know that they made a deal?"

"Well.. No, I don't have proof, but they always talk to each other!"

"That's because the both of them have been friends for a long time." Yuri mumbled quietly. "Natsuki, how do you know that Monika likes Sayori? And who does Sayori then like?"

"W-Well.." Natsuki stopped pacing and crossed her arms. "You know.. Sayori is so oblivious that she doesn't see the signs.. and Monika.. You know.."

Yuri smirked as Natsuki trailed off, unable to find an excuse. Quietly, the taller girl moved over to the bed and neatly folded up Natsuki's paper. "Come on, it's almost midnight, we should head to bed."

"B-But, my theory!"

"You can continue it in the morning." Yuri spoke softly as she packed away Natsuki's things back into the box.

"Fine." Natsuki grumbled, moving over to the bed and sliding down under the covers.

Yuri placed the full box under the desk again, and turned off the lights to the dorm. She walked over to the bed and laid down next to Natsuki.

The smaller girl had her back facing Yuri, making the taller girl slightly uncomfortable.

"It.. It was a good theory, right?" Natsuki mumbled quietly, and Yuri glanced over at the pinkette. "I.. I worked hard on it."

Smiling, Yuri nodded. "Yes, I'm impressed by how much you could do."

Yuri nearly jumped as Natsuki turned around to face Yuri, a bright grin on her face. The smaller girl glanced up at her. "Ha! You haven't seen anything yet! That was just the first draft, the next one will be better."

Smiling in amusement, Yuri resisted the urge to pet Natsuki's small head. "I'm sure you will, Natsuki."

The smaller girl closed her eyes. "Yeah, night Yuri."

"Good night Natsuki."

And Yuri found that she fell asleep smiling.