Chapter Thirty-Three: Advantages And Disadvantages

I stare at my over-the-top nice hand writing on the paper, the pencil pressing down against the paper lightly.

..Hmmm.. Does this make sense? Or should I explain it without the—

"Hey, Monika?"

-ES, hi. Can you wait for a bit, I'm trying to figure something out.

"Um.. I can't, we need to talk."

Can we talk later please? I really don't want to mess up Sasha's homework.

"Why? I thought she was mean to you guys?"

She is, but I just— Ugh..

"Are you okay?"

Yeah, sorry. It's just getting kind of hot in here.

"Well, she did activate a heat spell."

I guess so.

"Anyways, I need to talk to about the thoughts you were having. There was one that-"

ES? Like I said, I'd love to talk about this, but you're kind of distracting me at the moment.

"-...But, Monika-"

ES, please.

"Fine." ES audibly sighs in defeat. "If that's what you want."

Thank you.

I exhale in relief before gently picking up my pencil off the page again. Only this time, the room is noticeably a lot warmer then it was before.

How hot is it going to get?

I glance up from my paper and look at the others, who are contently working on their own work. "Do you guys feel it?"

Natsuki looked up from her paper to meet my eyes. "Feel what?"

Sayori nods, also stopping her writing. "The room getting warmer."

Natsuki waited for a moment, a blank look on her face as she stared at a random point in the air, trying to concentrate on the room. But she shook her head, confused. "No..? I think Sasha lied to us."

"How can you not feel it?" I ask, surprised. "It's kinda hot in here."

"I think you're messing with me." Natsuki narrowed her eyes before rolling them and dismissing herself from the conversation as she looked back down to work again.

"No, Natsuki, the room's actually getting warmer!" Sayori exclaimed. "Isn't it cool?"

I smile, glancing at her. "Sayori, the room
isn't cool, it's warm."

Sayori blinks for a minute before giggling, and going back to her paper. I nod and return back to Sasha's.

Let's hurry up and finish this so I'll have time to do my own.

....

Mmmmm..

I.. I can't concentrate..

"Well, if you can't concentrate, then we should have the talk I wanted to have."

That's not it, I mean it's just really hot.

"Why is the room getting so hot again?"

It's a spell that Sasha put. It needs to be activated when we write this.. I don't know, it's just homework I guess.

"Well, maybe if you-"

"..Ugh..." I gently drop the pencil on the page and rest my head on my hand.