Chapter Four: Small, But Roars Like A Lion

Running around in laps after lap was pretty easy for Natsuki, but it wasn't fun.

The thing she found fun was when Mrs. Dolly; her gym teacher, told the class to go in pairs and practice throwing a football to each other.

The only person who Natsuki knew in the class, was unfortunately Ace, and she wanted to know who she was throwing a football too.

But she still felt annoyed as Ace walked up to her, tossing a football in the air as he approached. "Hey, Cupcake."

Natsuki immediately narrowed her eyes. "Stop calling me that."

"Whatever," He shrugged, catching the football. "You wanna be my partner?"

Is he.. Is he trying to be the one in control here? Natsuki wasn't going to let some all powerful man boss her around.

"Fine. You'll be my partner." Natsuki growled. "B-But!" The pinkette raised her hand. "Only because I want too, and you have no friends."

Ace smirked, backing up from her so he had a distance to throw the ball to her. "Aww, you want to be my partner?"

Natsuki glared at him coldly. "Shut up and stop making this awkward or I will throw that stupid ball in your face!"

Chuckling, the golden eyed male gripped onto the sides of the football. "Aha, don't expect me to go easy on you. I'm in the schools football team, after all."

He thrusts his arm out, allowing his fingers to let go of the ball and fly towards Natsuki. Natsuki moved to the side and successfully catches it.

"Stop being so cocky." Natsuki smirked. "I bet I could beat you in my sleep!" Doing the same thing as Ace, she throws the ball.

Ace gets ready to catch it, and once he does, he slightly stumbles back, a surprised look on his face.

"Woah!" He gasped. "That was pretty good!"

Natsuki smirked. "Yeah, what'd I tell you?"

He smiles. "You consider joining the Football team? You'd be great with that throwing arm."

He's.. He complimenting me? Slightly surprised Natsuki takes a second to respond. "I mean, you're on the team, right?"

"Well, yeah," He grunts as he throws the ball to Natsuki. "But in the boys team."

"Then I'll join." Natsuki decides, quite curious of what a club might be like. Once she catches the ball, she quickly shakes her head. "N-Not for you, just to prove to you that I can play, and because I want to!"

Ace smirked. "Cool, we're all having a meeting, and I'm sure the girls would be too."

"What about the cafe?"

Ace threw the ball once again. "I'm aloud to leave for sports meetings."

After a final catch, the bell rang a soft tune for students to file out and go to lunch. Natsuki placed the football in a small bin with the others, and followed Ace out of the gym.

Considering she was still pretty new, and the teacher wasn't making them do any excessive exercise, there were no need for any track uniforms. Which was a big time saver.

Natsuki found her bag and picked it up, Ace doing the same. He dug into it and pulled out a white phone, looking at the screen and tapping it a few times.

The smaller girls glared at him impatiently, yet curiously. Once he finished, he turned off his phone and slipped it in his bag.

"What was that?" Natsuki asked as they both continued down the hall.