Chapter Six: Watering Dirt

Drawing is a strange concept.

There is no good way to do it, and no bad way. The criteria for a good masterpiece usually depends on age, skill level, and materials that the artist used.

Not to mention, it was pretty personal. Sayori liked art; she was told she was good at it.

She never liked bragging about something, but she felt a hint of pride when she showed off her art. When she showed off her artwork. Sayori was a pretty bad critic to herself.

The class was talking about different ways to use your pencil, but let the rest of the class become a free draw period.

Sayori was seated at the desk, starring at a blank piece of paper. What should I draw..

She glanced around her for inspiration. Most people worked alone and quietly with their headphones in, while others sat in groups, and talked while drawing. The teacher was packing up his things for when lunch arrives.

Lunch.. Sayori promised to herself that when this class was over, she would immediately go and find Monika. And the other two, of course, but her main focus was on Monika. Like it always was.

But this time, she had a reason to look for her. She was worried about her. A voice keeping you up all night can't be good for your health!

And it was Sayori's job to make sure that everyone was happy and healthy; that meant Monika too.

"Hey Sayori."

"Eh?" Sayori glances up and in front of her. She recognized the only person in this class- Adrien.

"Oh, hey!" Sayori exclaimed. "Do you wanna have a seat?"

Adrien nodded and shrugged. He moved his desk so it sat beside Sayori's and he sat down. Out of curiosity, Sayori glanced at Adrien's paper.

Around the pages were small doodles of a dress design, some pencil crayons scratched at the sides. The main attraction was the work-in-progress dress that was being drawn. So far, it looked fluffy and elegant with a few pockets and some key notes that he had written about it.

Sayori recalled how Adrien was into fashion design. "Ooh~ That looks really nice!"

Adrien smiled, embarrassed. "Thanks. I'm trying to figure out the main design for your maid outfit."

Sayori gasped again. The drawings looked so good, and he planned on making that? For her?

"Wow! You're really going to make that?" Sayori asked.

Adrien nodded. "Yup. I'm gonna try at least." He then moved his vision to Sayori's desk. "What are you drawing?"

Sayori shrugged. "I don't know," She looked back over to her paper. "I'm trying to find-..."

"It looks really nice so far." Adrien commented. "The ribbon makes me think of Monika."

Sayori nodded, and nervously lifted her pencil from the page. She didn't realize that she was sketching a girl; one she knew had a long ponytail and a white ribbon.

Giggling, Sayori placed the pencil down. "Ehehe, thanks..!"

The two decided to get back on their drawing. Sayori starred at the half drawn Monika worriedly. She really is worried about Monika. But what can she do to help her?

Suddenly, a small bing comes from somewhere in the ground. Sayori looked around, noticing Adrien bending down to his bag and retrieving a phone.

Still looking at his phone, he speaks. "Sayori? Are you doing anything at lunch?"