{CHAPTER 11.}

Hello fairies!♡

Everyone was shocked at Shehreyar’s statement. I mean, obviously, who would not? When the next in line, NAWAB brought a baby home and claimed to be her godfather. “What?” everyone asked with the evident shock on their faces.

Shehreyar sighed and started. “She is the daughter of my best friend Kashaq, whom I met at university. We were in the same semester. I was lost on the first day, and she guided me to the lecture hall. I thanked her and she called me bhai. I was happy that she believed me of all people. Then she told me that she was born in the UK but her parents died in a car accident when she was 3 and then was sent to live in an orphanage. So she started living there and started studying and got a scholarship at the same university where I went to study. So we met another guy named Ashfaq in the second semester, and we became best friends. Then, after graduating, Kashaq and Ashfaq got married against the will of Ashfaq's parents. Why? Because they want the khandani(family) girl for their son. I was the witness of their pure love and marriage in front of Allah, " he explained and looked at everyone, and everyone had different emotions on their faces. So he continued.

"After marriage, they started living in an apartment away from Ashfaq’s family. Which didn’t sit well with the family, and they started threatening Kashaq. She didn’t tell anyone at first, but then Ashfaq overheard her conversation while she was crying begging Ashfaq’s parents, and then they told me. We talked to Ashfaq’s parents, and as a brother, I may or may not threaten them, " Shehreyar explained sheepishly. Everyone was silent it was pin-drop silence in the room.

Suddenly, Inaya whispered “Then?”. Everyone turned to Inaya, and she muttered sorry and started fiddling with her fingers. Shehreyar smiled a little at her eagerness to know more and started again “So in between the chaos, Ashfaq got a job in a well-known company in the first month of their marriage and he claimed that Kashaq, his wife is the reason he got selected for this job she was his lucky charm or I must say lady luck. Kashaq still was processing how her in-laws treated her like that just because she had no family. Let me tell y’all, her maternal and paternal family, abandoned her because she was a girl and no one was ready to take responsibility for a girl. After 5 months, I got a call from Ashfaq that this baby is on the way-“ Shehreyar pointed towards the sleeping baby and smiled his Charming smile with unshed tears.

“We all were over the moon. I was going to be a maamu (maternal uncle). Obviously, I chose to be maamu instead of taaya abbu(father’s elder brother)” Shehreyar said jokingly, and everyone laughed. And the baby is still sleeping even though the whole mansion was vibrated with their laughter. Shehreyar started again “I moved in with them because me and Ashfaq didn’t want to leave Kashaq alone even for a moment. Even she got offered a job, but Ashfaq refused because he wanted her to be super healthy and safe at home. So I started doing work from home too our branch in the UK was working fine so I thought it was okay to stay home for some time then suddenly one day I got a call from the office that there was an emergency at the office and I was needed there. So I called Ashfaq and explained to him. I went to the office, and after an hour, I got a call that Kashaq went into labor. While they were on the way to the hospital, Ashfaq was speeding, and suddenly, a truck collided with their car from the passenger side. Ashfaq was stated dead on the spot, and Kashaq was sent to emergency. I got a call from the police and went to the hospital. I was not processing what was happening. Obviously, they were not my blood, but relationships can be built on trust, too. I was shaken to the core that I lost a brother like best friend, and my sister is on the death bed with a baby on the way. Everything went well. A baby was born, and Kashaq was in a coma. I held the baby first after the birth. After a week, Kashaq became conscious, but her health was not good she told the officers that it was not an accident it was all planned because she got a threat call just before she went into labor. I worked with the police to find who did this but got nothing, and in between, Kashaq told the officers that she was giving the parental rights and custody of the baby to me. She asked for her husband a few times but we didn’t tell her obviously just for her own good because she was already on death bed and after a few days her in-laws came and blamed her for the death of their son and then after knowing that her husband is no more she lost her battle with life to death. I was lost, I lost the two people at the same time and left with just their precious little one. Then the search started again, but the police found nothing about the accident and found nothing about the phone number from which Kashaq got a call. So the police became the witness, and the court gave me custody. After searching for five months last week police informed me that I should leave the country with the baby just to keep her safe. That’s how I’m here with this little bundle of joy. So this is my daughter now, my Hayat.” Shehreyar finished a story with tears.

Bee Jaan got up and engulfed him and said “I’m proud of you, my son. You did well, and we all are sorry for your loss. may Allah give them the highest place in heaven”. Shehreyar was crying in front of everyone. Inaya quietly got up and went to her room with tears streaming down her face. Everyone was sad.

Dada Jaan got up from the couch and went towards the Shehreyar and asked “Can I have a moment with my great-granddaughter?”. Everyone was happy. “Sure Dada jaan there’s no need to ask me” Shehreyar said and picked Hayat up and handed her over to her Dada jaan who took her in his arms like she was made of glass and would break if he engulfed her tightly.

Dada Jaan looked at the baby like she was some angel who came into their lives. Dada Jaan kissed the baby’s forehead and blessed her to have a long, happy, and healthy life. “Hamza and Shahveer, both of you go and get your brother’s luggage out of the car and take them to his room” said Rizwan, the eldest son of Hameed to the youngsters “Ji (it means sure in some way or okay)” and went outside to do as said.

“Ummm… Bee Jaan Inaya? Is she okay? She went suddenly outside while crying” Shehreyar asked hesitantly. Everyone smiled at his worry for Inaya. “Bhai I will go and see her and will tell y’all how she is” Raila said to Shehreyar and at last sentence to all the family. Shehreyar nodded and thanked her.

Soon after, Shehreyar, with Hayat, went to his room to rest for a while. All the ladies went towards the kitchen to prepare dinner and all the men of the house went to the garden for some business talk. All the youngsters went to Inaya’s room to plan their next hunt for street food or a new coffee shop or to do some mischief again. Well, that’s how they are always on the hunt for some new food to taste and to satisfy their taste buds.

  ____________________

Here you go, folks. Tell me if you like this chapter, and if not, still tell me. Be safe and be happy. You have only one life to live. 

💟🖇🌺💟 -imaginationstowordz     

💟🖇🌺💟
-imaginationstowordz