Chapter 2

Dom had driven Ronnie and i back home. I really really needed to pee after drinking a large slushy from 7/11.

For some reason when we got home the gate wasn't opening. Dom had to figure it out but i was about to pee my pants. i jumped the fence and ran inside to pee.

the front door was unlocked. that's weird? it's never unlocked

instant relief. i walked back out and the house felt weird. the air was different? i don't know how to explain it but the loud, light up house was now dim, grey and unforgiving.

i yelled out for mum and dad. no response. it was only 4pm, they should all be awake. I made my way down the hallway and into the playroom when i noticed mum sitting on the couch with Connor. I hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek, ruffled Connors hair and made my way around the couch. I hadn't noticed the blood on my chest or my fingers.

i walked around and connor was grey, so was my mum. suddenly i became aware of the pool of red surrounding them, the same red that was on my hand and my Matilda's shirt.

i ran to the kitchen to find my dad, to find anyone. I found him, laying in the floor. More red, holes and cuts all over his body. grey. lifeless. but where were auggy and noah? were they okay?

i turned to go to dom, i slipped. covering myself in red. i screamed, and screamed and screamed. dom came running through the door and followed my screaming, Ronnie not far behind him. Dom saw the blood first. he reacted so fast and pushed Ronnie outside, he came back for me, still frozen on the spot.

Ronnie didn't know what was happening but Dom couldn't stop swearing and yelling. Me however, I was frozen. I was frozen until i heard the sirens then suddenly i was aware. My mum, dad and Connor were dead. Dead. not alive, not breathing. what about Noah and Auggy? i needed to find out.

i ran inside, up the stairs and straight away i saw Noah. His tiny lifeless body, wearing his basketball uniform and basketball shoes. He was ready to go. It felt like time had slowed down, i moved through the rooms looking for Auggy. His room was trashed, that was normally because auggy was a clean freak. everyone morning he'd make his bed, put away anything that was out of place and open his blinds.

there was blood on the bed, on the floor and on the walls. but no Auggy. i looked around the balcony and followed the blood, down the roof and looked into the red pool. the red pool once was a beautiful blue that we'd spend hours and hours swimming in. now it was red and had my brother floating in it.

suddenly a body grabbed me. i screamed, i fought, i kicked and i bit. i didn't know this man and. i was scared. so incredibly scared.

i don't remember anything else after that. i remember waking up in the hospital, Dom staring out the window with an unreadable look on his face.

i was free to go after an IV and observations. but where was i to go? back to our home? it wasn't a home anymore, it was a crime scene. it was merely the bones of what used to be a home. i wanted to burn it down. get rid of it, rid of the memories.

i didn't see Ronnie for a while after that. Maybe it was only a day or a week, i don't know. time blended together in the weeks and months after the murdereds. they found the guys, three of them. the funerals happened. dom and i moved into an apartment in the city. it wasn't home but i don't think anything was going to feel like home for a while.