Chapter 23

Ronnie was still depressed. Fair enough to be honest but I felt completely useless. She went to lex for emotional support, and to me for physical support. I honestly wished I could snap my fingers and fix it, but I couldn't. I did think of the next best thing though. I told the physio that my ankle was hurting, they recommended that I sit the game out, not once did I protest it, infact I encouraged it. They were shocked but didn't ask any further questions.

I booked a flight to Paris, Grace had given me the address of Jenni's apartment and their training schedule. I was only going to be gone for a few hours, hoping I could fix this problem and fly back without anyone noticing. I booked Ronnie and Lex into a spa, saying I was on my period and wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Once they headed off, I made the mad dash to the airport.

It was bloody cold when I arrived. I got an Uber straight away and made my way to the PSG training grounds. I thought I would have more trouble getting in considering I'm a Barcelona player, but Grace handled it all. I waited in the meal room until their first session was over. As everyone was arriving, they all stared and whispered to each other. Obviously it wasn't normal for me to be there but I paid no attention to them, waiting until the dumbass brunette walked in.

"Ana? What the hell are you doing here?" Jenni said, extremely loudly, might I add.

"Let's go somewhere else. We need to fix this shit show now." I dragged her out of the meals rooms, pretending I knew where I was going. We ended up in some empty conference room and I made my way to the seat closest to the door, just incase Jenni decided she wanted to bolt, I'd have enough time to stop her.

"Well? Get talking. No one knows I'm here and I have to flight to catch"

"What do you want me to say Ana? What can I say that'll make everything better and for you to not hate me."

"Dude, seriously? Start with the fucking truth. Why did you leave, why didn't you tell your GIRLFRIEND or your best friend? Why'd we have to hear it from the coaches?"

"Leila knew.... I tried to tell V. I really tried. Every day I had a plan to tell her, and then I'd get too anxious and chicken out. I didn't want her to be mad or upset that I was doing this. It wasn't because of her, it was because it was best for me and my career. I'm not like Ale or you. I can't stay in one club for my whole life."

"I didn't want her to be mad or upset that I was doing this" I mocked her. The venom and sarcasm dripping off the words as I said them. "You're actually so fucking stupid. You thought that telling her would hurt her so you just left? You hurt her worse by doing that? You hurt Ronnie and you hurt Lex. You fucked everything up because you are a pussy." The anger inside me was getting too much.

"I was doing what I thought was right." J said, very softly, not even looking up.

"You don't get to make decisions for other people. You don't get to decide what's right and wrong. Now you've broken Ronnie and no one can fucking fix her, accept you. I can't even tell her that I was here because I lied to the both of them!"

Silence engulfed us for what felt like forever. Slowly the sniffles from Jenni started coming in. I didn't move, sat there watching her. Anger filled my blood. How could she just sit there and cry? She fucked it all up. She wasn't the victim in this.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Fix it. You love her, she loves you. Fix it because I can'T. I can't help her and that's why I'm here, to force you to do it."

I left it at they. Getting up and walking out of the training grounds. Making my way back to the airport to finally get home. I hope by the time I'm home, J has messaged Ronnie. This is all I could do to help her, to fix her broken heart. I didn't know how else to do it.

ALL FLIGHTS OUT OF PARIS CANCELLED.

oh fuck me. I was fucked. No one knew I was here, I didn't pack any clothes or a bloody toothbrush. Lex was going to be so worried and mad. I couldn't exactly send a text and be like "hey babe, won't be home tonight". No she's going to kill me.

I was slightly panicking. Trying to get any flight out of this stupid city to get another flight back to Barcelona. I needed to be at training tomorrow and if I wasn't then boy was I fucked. Unfortunately for me, there wasn't a flight out at all. Not until 6am the following morning. Making quick work of booking that flight and booking a room in the airport hotel, finding a toothbrush and something to eat, I finally had a chance to look at my phone.

Missed call from Ron Swanson 🧔🏽‍♀️ (6)
Missed call from Lexi ❣️(16)
Missed call from Marta (3)
Missed call from Dora (2)

Ron Swanson 🧔🏽‍♀️
Dude this spa is so nice. Thanks so much

We are heading home. You good?

Where you at???

Ana??? Your location is off???

Lexi ❣️
Veronica seems to be doing better. This made her super happy and is exactly what she needed.

You okay bebe?

Hello?

???

Ana?? Where the hell are you??

What the fuck ???

Marta
Your friend and girlfriend are freaking out. Make them stop ringing me.

Dora
Dude please reply to Ale. She keeps calling me Marìa and you know how much I hate it.

Oh you're in big shit

Run away. Never come back.

Fuck. I was well and truly fucked. Quickly shooting off a reply to Marta, apologising about the girls. Reply to Ronnie saying I was fine, and then quick reply to alexia.

Lexi ❣️

                                                Wont be home tonight.                                                                

                                               Everything is fine.

                                               I'll see you at training.
                                               I  Love you.

What the fuck do you mean?

Not even bothering to reply, I jumped into the shower. Thankful I found some underwear at the drug store, making sure I scrubbed every inch of my body and brushing my teeth. Passing out shortly after. Hopefully the morning would be better.